Build Advice 2000€-2500€ PC Build, Monitor Advice needed

DerRasierer

Commendable
Dec 19, 2021
A few years ago, i wanted to upgrade just my CPU, but instead i waited until now when i can do a entirely new build .
I'm looking to get some feedback on my component choices and to ensure there are no compatibility issues.

Here's what I've put together. The only components I'm sure about are the GPU and CPU. I understand that AMD GPU's provides excellent value for money, but I'm willing to pay more for lower performance in exchange for peace of mind when it comes to Drivers and troubleshooting.
I don't play many modern AAA games, and when I do, I don't mind reducing the settings, so I opted for the "ASUS TUF" 4070 TI Super that appears to strike a good balance.
It has a decent build quality, low noise and 2 HDMI Slots.

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/x7pPbL

The Case, PSU and Cooler are just picked for good reviews. Didn't look deep into those.
I wouldn't mind changing them based on your recommendations.

I'm unsure if my chosen RAM will have sufficient clearance with the CPU Coolers as PC Part Picker doesn't check certain physical constraints.

Thanks for reading and i look forward to your input!

Approximate Purchase Date: Next Month

Budget Range: 2000€- 2500€ including Shipping

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming. Few AAA Games Like the Witcher 3 or Cyberpunk2077 or the upcoming S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2, but mainly for Competetive Shooters like CSGO, CS2 and Valorant.

Are you buying a monitor: Yes. Two.

Parts to Upgrade: Everything. New Build.
I might re-use my SSD that currently has my Operating system running to run the Operating system on the new build. Only if its possible to completely wipe it, otherwise i would just buy a new, small SSD for it.
Current SSD that has my OS on it:
https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-240GB-Solid-State-SDSSDA-240G-G26/dp/B01F9G43WU?th=1
For everything else, i want a fast and big SSD like the one in the List as im currently using an ancient Harddrive with little space. I always have to delete stuff if i feel like playing another game for a while and i want to never have to deal with that again.

Do you need to buy OS: Yes. Preferably Win10 - Win11 comes with lots of Bloatware and im used to Win10

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: None

Parts Preferences: None except Nvidia for the GPU

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: I don't know

Your Monitor Resolution:1920x1080 or 1920x1200. Honestly, Monitors are way too in depth for me.
There are 20 different recommendations for whats best in Comp Shooters.

First Monitor should have the lowest Response Time possible and be around 240hz.
Second Monitor should have the same measurements and Appearance as the first one (if possible)
and i guess be 100+ hz.

Additional Comments: I prefer Air Cooling over Watercooling . No RGB needed. Running the usual Software/Launchers that comes with everything today. Nothing specific. If a game requires it, i use it. Of note might be Corsairs ICU and Razer Software, but that is subject to change, as i might look into buying a new mouse after the Update.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: My 1060 6GB and i5 6600k struggle too much. It takes way too much effort to get modern games to run, with some being almost impossible. (30-40 fps in Cyberpunk) Also, the difference in 60hz and 240hz is too big to not do. Played on a friends 240hz Monitor and it was a different game. Also, i just want a completely fresh System. There is propably loads of trash on my current system as i've been using it for 15 years.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
If you look at the bar above the green highlighted area in your screenshot, you'll what looks like an address bar, and you should be able to see a link like so;
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sF8TwP
which will help us see what you're seeing and easily tweak your build as necessary.

You're asked to stylize your post with info asked of in this thread;
in order for the community to chime in with useful suggestions/tweaks. Including your location helps us since we're located in the USA, product availability and pricing will certainly vary with respect to region.

I wouldn't buy Windows 10 at this point of time since it was released in 2015 and is on it's way out. Your build looks fine by me, outside of the OS though I would look into a better pedigree SSD or split your SSD's into two, one smaller SSD for the OS, app's and launchers while a larger SSD will house the games you want to tax the system with.

An RTX4070Ti Super is overkill for 1080p but you should be good with 1440p, high refresh rate gaming.

One more thing, Europe is a region, not a country. Specifying country helps with the location menu on PCPartPicker or if someone from your country could also chime in with suggestions. As the saying goes, help me, help you.

Reactions: DerRasierer
A few years ago, i wanted to upgrade just my CPU, but instead i waited until now when i can do a entirely new build .
I'm looking to get some feedback on my component choices and to ensure there are no compatibility issues.

Here's what I've put together. The only components I'm sure about are the GPU and CPU. I understand that AMD GPU's provides excellent value for money, but I'm willing to pay more for lower performance in exchange for peace of mind when it comes to Drivers and troubleshooting.
I don't play many modern AAA games, and when I do, I don't mind reducing the settings, so I opted for the "ASUS TUF" 4070 TI Super that appears to strike a good balance.
It has a decent build quality, low noise and 2 HDMI Slots.

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/yJCsz6

The Case, PSU and Cooler are just picked for good reviews. Didn't look deep into those.
I wouldn't mind changing them based on your recommendations.

I'm unsure if my chosen RAM will have sufficient clearance with the CPU Coolers as PC Part Picker doesn't check certain physical constraints.

Thanks for reading and i look forward to your input!

Approximate Purchase Date: Next Month

Budget Range: 2000€- 2500€ including Shipping

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming. Few AAA Games Like the Witcher 3 or Cyberpunk2077, but mainly for Competetive Shooters

Are you buying a monitor: Yes. Two.

Parts to Upgrade: Everything. New Build.
I might re-use my SSD that currently has my Operating system running to run the Operating system on the new build. Only if its possible to completely wipe it, otherwise i would just buy a new, small SSD for it.
Current SSD that has my OS on it:
https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-240GB-Solid-State-SDSSDA-240G-G26/dp/B01F9G43WU?th=1
For everything else, i want a fast and big SSD like the one in the List as im currently using an ancient Harddrive with little space. I always have to delete stuff if i feel like playing another game for a while and i want to never have to deal with that again.

Do you need to buy OS: Yes. Preferably Win10 - Win11 comes with lots of Bloatware and im used to Win10

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: None

Parts Preferences: None except Nvidia for the GPU

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: I don't know

Your Monitor Resolution:1920x1080 or 1920x1200. Honestly, Monitors are way too in depth for me.
There are 20 different recommendations for whats best in Comp Shooters.

First Monitor should have the lowest Response Time possible and be around 240hz.
Second Monitor should have the same measurements and Appearance as the first one (if possible)
and i guess be 100+ hz.

Additional Comments: I preferAir Cooling over a Watercooling System. No RGB needed. Running the usual Software/Launchers that comes with everything today. Nothing specific. If a game requires it, i use it. Of note might be Corsairs ICU and Razer Software, but that is subject to change, as i might look into buying a new mouse after the Update.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: My 1060 6GB and i5 6600k struggle too much. It takes way too much effort to get modern games to run, with some being almost impossible. (30-40 fps in Cyberpunk) Also, the difference in 60hz and 240hz is too big to not do. Played on a friends 240hz Monitor and it was a different game.
Here's a few cost cutters to have a look at. I would look for a board with the newer 2.5G LAN. I'm using this Asus board for an example but most all newer boards include it. You want low profile RAM if using a dual tower cpu cooler.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: *AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor (€438.90 @ Alza)
CPU Cooler: *ID-COOLING FROZN A620 PRO SE 58 CFM CPU Cooler (€31.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Motherboard: *Asus TUF GAMING B650-E WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard (€134.90 @ Computeruniverse)
Memory: *Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory (€109.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Storage: *Western Digital Blue SN580 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (€92.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: *Gigabyte WINDFORCE MAX OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB Video Card (€825.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Case: *Montech AIR 903 BASE ATX Mid Tower Case (€69.90 @ Alza)
Power Supply: *MSI MAG A850GL PCIE5 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€99.89 @ Proshop)
Total: €1803.56
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-10-09 17:59 CEST+0200

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/id-cooling-frozn-a620-pro-se-cpu-air-cooler/

DerRasierer

Commendable
Dec 19, 2021
Here's a few cost cutters to have a look at. I would look for a board with the newer 2.5G LAN. I'm using this Asus board for an example but most all newer boards include it. You want low profile RAM if using a dual tower cpu cooler.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: *AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor (€438.90 @ Alza)
CPU Cooler: *ID-COOLING FROZN A620 PRO SE 58 CFM CPU Cooler (€31.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Motherboard: *Asus TUF GAMING B650-E WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard (€134.90 @ Computeruniverse)
Memory: *Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory (€109.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Storage: *Western Digital Blue SN580 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (€92.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: *Gigabyte WINDFORCE MAX OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB Video Card (€825.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Case: *Montech AIR 903 BASE ATX Mid Tower Case (€69.90 @ Alza)
Power Supply: *MSI MAG A850GL PCIE5 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€99.89 @ Proshop)
Total: €1803.56
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-10-09 17:59 CEST+0200

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/id-cooling-frozn-a620-pro-se-cpu-air-cooler/

Thanks!
Im looking into those parts! In terms of Coolers, i don't really know the differences though.
Are Dual Tower coolers better in terms of performance? I would prefer good cooling,
as my current PC is a Enthusiasts nightmare. No Airflow, cables everywhere, reaches 100°C if i dont limit it in games like The Witcher 3 o_O

Im absolutely amazed by the Case! Looks very good and the price is amazing!
Also chose to go with the SSD, PSU and Cooler you recommended.

Im still going with the Asus version of the 4070 Ti since i had bad expiriences with Gigabyte customer service way back, also the Asus version allows for a silent mode if i understand correctly!

Would you say its worth keeping the SSD that currently holds my windows or to buy a new one?

Last edited:
Reactions: Why_Me
Thanks!
Im looking into those parts! In terms of Coolers, i don't really know the differences though.
Are Dual Tower coolers better in terms of performance? I would prefer good cooling,
as my current PC is a Enthusiasts nightmare. No Airflow, cables everywhere, reaches 100°C if i dont limit it in games like The Witcher 3 o_O

Im absolutely amazed by the Case! Looks very good and the price is amazing!
Also chose to go with the SSD, PSU and Cooler you recommended.

Im still going with the Asus version of the 4070 Ti since i had bad expiriences with Gigabyte customer service way back, also the Asus version allows for a silent mode if i understand correctly!

Would you say its worth keeping the SSD that currently holds my windows or to buy a new one?
If you already have an SSD then forget the one I posted. Here's a review of that cooler.

Better than single tower? Generally, yes. More surface area due to the second tower. But may be totally unnecessary depending on load, case airflow, room temps, etc. I've always used single towers. You have to ensure your case is wide enough to accept the cooler regardless. You can get good dual towers for circa 50 US dollars. If temps terrify you, maybe go with dual tower even if unnecessary. Temp difference might be 5 to 10 degrees. 60 rather than maybe 53. You decide if that is worthwhile.

"Worth" is your decision. Is 240 GB capacity plenty of space foreseeable in the next few years? What would you pay to avoid cables? Are you highly conscious of benchmarks? You might be underwhelmed by the real-world performance difference between your current Sandisk and any replacement. You can get a high quality 500 GB NVME replacement for 50 to 75....but you might prefer to spend that 50 to 75 on some other component? Do you have any other possible use for the existing 240 GB Sandisk?

DerRasierer

Commendable
Dec 19, 2021
As far as monitors go, if you are looking for a 16:9 ratio 1440p monitor there is no better than this Gigabyte branded monitor with a Samsung QD-OLED panel. I know you are not in love with Gigabyte as a brand and there are some alternatives from MSI, ASUS, Alienware, et cetera. Here is the review from Rtings on the gigabyte monitor.

My bad, i didn't elaborate on the Price of the Monitors i want.
Im looking for somewhere in the range of 200€-300€

Better than single tower? Generally, yes. More surface area due to the second tower. But may be totally unnecessary depending on load, case airflow, room temps, etc. I've always used single towers. You have to ensure your case is wide enough to accept the cooler regardless. You can get good dual towers for circa 50 US dollars. If temps terrify you, maybe go with dual tower even if unnecessary. Temp difference might be 5 to 10 degrees. 60 rather than maybe 53. You decide if that is worthwhile.

"Worth" is your decision. Is 240 GB capacity plenty of space foreseeable in the next few years? What would you pay to avoid cables? Are you highly conscious of benchmarks? You might be underwhelmed by the real-world performance difference between your current Sandisk and any replacement. You can get a high quality 500 GB NVME replacement for 50 to 75....but you might prefer to spend that 50 to 75 on some other component? Do you have any other possible use for the existing 240 GB Sandisk?

I would say that i would rank temperature pretty high, so i guess i'll go with that Cooler!
Thanks for the explanation!

Since im only really looking to put Windows and as i've learned, Launchers on there, i would say its enough.
Everything else goes to the bigger Drives. I might even buy another 2TB in the future if needed.

My bad, i didn't elaborate on the Price of the Monitors i want.
Im looking for somewhere in the range of 200€-300€

I would say that i would rank temperature pretty high, so i guess i'll go with that Cooler!
Thanks for the explanation!

Since im only really looking to put Windows and as i've learned, Launchers on there, i would say its enough.
Everything else goes to the bigger Drives. I might even buy another 2TB in the future if needed.
I assumed your total budget included the monitor up to 2500. Considering some of the proposed PC builds with no monitor are around 1800 I assumed that meant you could get a 700 euro monitor.

Regardless, this monitor was just reviewed very well on Tom's. Here is a link to purchase it for 260 Euro. It seems like a really nice monitor for the cost. The only con I would have for it that is very subjective is that its not 27 inch, but 25 inch. This means it will have a higher pixel density at the cost of some screen real estate.

logainofhades

Titan
I would buy a 7900xt, over a 4070 ti super. It's a bit faster, and like 200 Euro cheaper. The drivers issue is really overexaggerated. I have both AMD and Nvidia graphics, and friends with AMD cards and none of us have had issues with AMD drivers. My previous Nvidia equipped laptop has had a couple, and sometimes even my workstation Nvidia systems at work have had driver related issues.