Question 2020 Macbook air base model good for my type of use?

enriqueemtzz722

Commendable
Feb 11, 2018
Hello, I was wondering if the new 2020 macbook air would be a great fit for me, I am a super power user, for example having miltiple programs open such as a video game, few (well almost all) social media apps, and a lot of chrome apps open, however I use my specked out desktop pc for that, and the laptop is mostly for browsing the web and having very few apps open. Usually having about 5-8 chrome tabs open with 2 or 3 social media apps open and microsoft word open. I do enjoy a good high resolution screen, good battery life, quality control, premium materials, and a good battery life. Now I did have a laptop that fit this; the Surface Laptop 2, however Ironcally, the keyboard, and I feel burned by surface products now.

Now I do hear good things about the 2020 Macbook air, improved keyboard, good premium materials, good high resolution display, respectable storage, good battery life, the works. And I know that Mac is a big change from windows, however I only really browsed the web, all be it, I do admire hardware, and the mac seems like a good high end option, and I like to know I am using a nice laptop that will serve me well for years.

However, one thing that concerns me is the dual core i3 processor, and well, I am not too experienced in those kind of processors, and not too sure if the i3 processor would handle my type of work smoothly. I know I do not do anything demanding, however, I do like an easy smooth experience. Will the i3 be a good option for me?

If you need more information please do ask!

mkaafy

Reputable
Jan 14, 2020
A power user who does basic tasks!? :) Yes, the latest generation of i3 should be good enough for your purposes. Go for it.

You just need to spend a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the macOS environment. That's what I love about it. Once you have done it, you are less likely to return to poor ditched Windows!

Last edited:

enriqueemtzz722

Commendable
Feb 11, 2018
A power user who does basic tasks!? :) Yes, the latest version of i3 should be good enough for your purposes. Go for it.

You just need to spend a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the macOS environment. That's what I love about it. Once you have done it, you are less likely to return to poor ditched Windows!
Lol by power user I meant someone that likes to do tasks fast and excessively and have different things open!

mkaafy

Reputable
Jan 14, 2020
Lol by power user I meant someone that likes to do tasks fast and excessively and have different things open!

Well, those different things that you want to be open, are not either CPU or GPU intensive at all. (Except for the gaming which I assume it is light gaming.)

If you said you were going to do video editing, music production, graphic design and programming with Xcode for example, you would have to wait for the 2020 MacBook Pro or iMac and get one with proper specs.

Hello, I was wondering if the new 2020 macbook air would be a great fit for me, I am a super power user, for example having miltiple programs open such as a video game, few (well almost all) social media apps, and a lot of chrome apps open, however I use my specked out desktop pc for that, and the laptop is mostly for browsing the web and having very few apps open. Usually having about 5-8 chrome tabs open with 2 or 3 social media apps open and microsoft word open. I do enjoy a good high resolution screen, good battery life, quality control, premium materials, and a good battery life. Now I did have a laptop that fit this; the Surface Laptop 2, however Ironcally, the keyboard, and I feel burned by surface products now.

Now I do hear good things about the 2020 Macbook air, improved keyboard, good premium materials, good high resolution display, respectable storage, good battery life, the works. And I know that Mac is a big change from windows, however I only really browsed the web, all be it, I do admire hardware, and the mac seems like a good high end option, and I like to know I am using a nice laptop that will serve me well for years.

However, one thing that concerns me is the dual core i3 processor, and well, I am not too experienced in those kind of processors, and not too sure if the i3 processor would handle my type of work smoothly. I know I do not do anything demanding, however, I do like an easy smooth experience. Will the i3 be a good option for me?

If you need more information please do ask!
Would recommend using safari not chrome and pages not word on a MacBook but probably would do you fine

TRENDING THREADS