[SOLVED] 2080 Ti Under Performing Please Help!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 21, 2019
Hey guys, I really need your all’s help and knowledge. So I just built a new system. Specs are as follows:
R9 3900x
Evga 2080Ti Black Edition
Gskill ram @ 3600mhz
Also I only play on a 1080p 240hz monitor right now until I upgrade soon.
So performance in Valorant is questionable. Average...probably 230, maybe less...
I ran a benchmark on far cry 5 in game and my mind was blown...94avg FPS!!! With a 2080ti!!!
Here’s what bothers me, my last PC was specs as follows:
I9-9900k
Rtx 2070(non super)
3200mhz ram
Now I know intel is better for gaming, but from what I’ve seen on YouTube with the R9 3900x, fps is hardly different. With that intel system, I was getting 130avg fps. I now have a 2080ti and it’s performing like <Mod Edit> Please someone help, I’m very upset :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
I have a question. If I wanted to use DDU and re install my drivers, how would that work? what I mean by that is, obviously my cpu doesn't have integrated graphics, so if I did that, would it make me black screen?
The DDU software allows you to choose what you want to remove. Boot into Safemode and run the DDU application. Simply select the Nvidia software from the drop down menu. Then choose the "restart after uninstall" option. Be sure to have the newest drivers already downloaded prior to removing old. Also, I take extra precautions and unplug the ethernet cable to prevent Windows from installing their GPU software before I can install Nvidia.