21 PC Games We'd Like To Receive This Holiday Season

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Stay away from DC online if your looking for a MMORPG and/or like playing with keyboard and mouse. It is a MMO Arcade game not an RPG and is clearly focused as a console game that happens to be playable on a PC. Leading to a craptastic control scheme of Morse code like short and long clicks to attack with for the most part. In short, it looks good, has some good ideas but the implementation sucks.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
[citation][nom]builderbobftw[/nom]Medal of honnior was a trash game, why is it on the list?[/citation]

I guess opinion=fact! Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean other people didn't enjoy it.

[citation][nom]not_batman[/nom]Stay away from DC online if your looking for a MMORPG and/or like playing with keyboard and mouse. It is a MMO Arcade game not an RPG and is clearly focused as a console game that happens to be playable on a PC. Leading to a craptastic control scheme of Morse code like short and long clicks to attack with for the most part. In short, it looks good, has some good ideas but the implementation sucks.[/citation]

Im in the beta, and I have to say DCUO isnt that bad of a game. It just needs a little more polish here and there, but its already a pretty fun super hero based MMO. And to be honest, I havent had one problem playing it with a keyboard/mouse. The way it plays isnt a bad thing at all really. It gives it a more action oriented feel to the game. It could be a LOT worse, especially considering its still in beta.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
GranTurismo 5 is all I'm waiting for. I almost bought it already but my GF insists I wait till xmas. I get to please her and get it for free, so it's worth it.

badaxe2

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
Where has this site been the last month or so? They talk about some of these games like they're not even out yet (Black Ops) and others like they're still in limbo (DN:F).

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
[citation][nom]woshitudou[/nom]Fallout 3 & New Vegas (with HD texture packs and realism mods)Oblivion (+expansions, HD texture packs + realism mods)Mass Effect 1 & 2 Bioshock 1 & 2 Civ 3 or Civ 5 Ones that were good but got old quick:Assassin's Creed 2Starcraft 2 (WC3 in space)Borderlands[/citation]

NFS game that good should be on anyone's games list.

noblerabbit

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
I got GT5 for PS3 (my wife did, not me!) - and your gf won't till xmas?
haha... puppy love.

GT5, CiV5(improving over time) & RB3
Rockband 3 Squire real guitar controller will be the last game(s) I buy for a long time, until Diable III comes out.
I will have fun playing just these titles (and some occasional SC2 compstomps), until then, I am not a contributor to emerging game titles in between. so take note Blizzard, Rush D3 to us, asap, for you are to blame for this decline in PC Game market, you and your 12 year waits after announcements, damn you.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Do people really buy the 'collector's edition' of games? Why? I already don't have enough space in my place to store games, so I usually buy the digital copy. The figurines that come with some of them are kinda cool I guess, but art work, etc you can usually just view online. Maybe they're targeting hoarders?

G

no diablo 3, ill take all those combined and trade them for diablo 3 or guild wars 2

this article feels bought and paid for.

dingo_d

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
Well if you have extra ca$h for that, why not. Some of them looks cool, but I for one would never buy SW:TFU2, the game was really horrid...

pandemonium_ctp

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
GG. Is the mass of gamers only into FPS or what? You'd think hand-eye coordination was the only thing that drives someone to play on the computer. I'm not saying I don't enjoy a good FPS every now and then, but it really dominates popular media (aside from super-easy-cheesy WoW - yay!) Also, Borderlands? I got bored of that game after a couple hours. It was unique, but turned into a best ROG grind far too quickly.

Duke Nukem would be a blast from the past and KotOR has me intrigued.

All I really want is FFXIV to be not beta-like for X-mas. So far things are coming along fairly well, and I can't complain about 3 months free with my collector's. ;)

[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]Do people really buy the 'collector's edition' of games? Why? I already don't have enough space in my place to store games, so I usually buy the digital copy. The figurines that come with some of them are kinda cool I guess, but art work, etc you can usually just view online. Maybe they're targeting hoarders?[/citation]

Same reason people actually read books or collect comics. Having hardcopies can be a godsend when it comes to computer software as well. It also shows support for the hardwork that's involved with developing some games and some fans actually appreciate that. Not all of us are torrent-bound. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.