24-Hour Battery Life Laptop from HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamer77dd

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
i would love to see the performance of this labtop. maybe you can overclock it and still have 5 hours of gameplay or intensive video. i know my labtop is fast but never last very long, i must put it at low settings and make it go really slow for it to last. i hope things like this become the norm.

v12v12

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2008
Bah I think it's smoke and mirrors and pure fraud (again). My prized dv6000 series had a bunk battery (many others reported losing battery life much faster than "normal" aka with in months from new) so I got a new one (at my own expense) and now I find with this new bios update (F3.d) the fan has to continually run to make up for nVidias POS chipset and vidcard over heating issues (bad traces), which I've recorded a video of the screen starting to crap out.

It's taken people 1000's of complaints, and mounting class-action lawsuits to get HP to respond. And with that response, HP STILL makes it a gauntlet-run to get support for possibly getting a new one, which I'll be understaking soon. Battery issues, faulty chipset issues, HORRIBLE indian-offshore "support," HP is crapware as far as I'm concerned, I'm going to switch to Dell (least their support is more reliable/ready to sorta aid Vs HPs) or the PC version of a MacPro the overpriced/ugly Lenovos... THANKS HP for SUCKING! They've lost my business forever if I get stuck with this POS laptop with it's LONG KNOWN bugs... 24hrs, someone should test this out and sue the pants off them for faulty advertising and misleading claims. B/c you know there's about 5 pages of fine print underneath that "24hrs" claim...

Status
Not open for further replies.