[SOLVED] 24 pin connector not 100% flush.

Oct 22, 2018
So, i noticed when i was upgrading an old prebuilt that the pc connector didnt look 100% flush. It looked to be latched on the the little lip and also it seems odd that some of the cable is perfectly flush and the connectors are 100% in. But for a very select few it seems like they are ever so slightly out not 100% in and you wouldnt notice unless you took a good second glance at it. The pc boots fine and i went back and pushed on it a bit (doesn't seem to budge) and my friend hasnt had an issue with it yet. Should i just go by the "if it boots its fine" mindset and stop worrying about it?

Solution
If there is not a problem, then there is not a problem. Simple as that. If it starts to have problems, then I'd look at it more closely. Could just be cheap parts so they have poor tolerances and don't have a great fit, but that doesn't mean they aren't seated. If the lock tabs are in place, and locked down, then it's seated. You might want to take it apart though and make sure there are no pins or sockets in either of the connectors that look bent at all and no little bits of anything down in the ATX socket. Just to be sure. But likely it's fine.
If there is not a problem, then there is not a problem. Simple as that. If it starts to have problems, then I'd look at it more closely. Could just be cheap parts so they have poor tolerances and don't have a great fit, but that doesn't mean they aren't seated. If the lock tabs are in place, and locked down, then it's seated. You might want to take it apart though and make sure there are no pins or sockets in either of the connectors that look bent at all and no little bits of anything down in the ATX socket. Just to be sure. But likely it's fine.

Solution