[SOLVED] 24 pin to 16 pin

HUNSTOP

Prominent
Mar 21, 2019
Hello everyone!
I have a Fujitsu Esprimo P700 T and I bought a GTX 1660 Ti with a Cooler Master 600 W PSU. Then I realized my motherboard just have a 16 pin connector. I really don't want to buy more things like motherboards at the moment, so please tell me some solusions, what ca I do with this? I saw this: https://www.amazon.com/24-pin-16-pin-Convert-Adapter-AYA-24M2416F-ATX/dp/B01LEOC2AG on Amazon but in the comments of a YouTube video someone told me this just work with Dell things. Can you tell me if its true or not? And if its true, that it won't work can you tell me some solutions? Thanks!

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
It depends on two factors the way plastic connector is 'keyed' and the pinout. If the Fujitsu pinout is exactly the same as the Dell connector it might work (not sure about this as they're proprietary connectors).

The shapes can be worked out by looking at pictures but pinouts are not that easy, again, because it's not standard ATX connector.

The coloring scheme (if based on ATX) on the 16-pin is a hint though. Yellow is 12V, orange is 3.3V, red is 5V and black is ground.

If you can't find anything solid online as to whether they're the same pinout or not I'd say the only way can be to measure outputs and possibly to alter wiring to pins but that's A LOT of work. I wouldn't do it.

Reactions: HUNSTOP

HUNSTOP

Prominent
Mar 21, 2019
It depends on two factors the way plastic connector is 'keyed' and the pinout. If the Fujitsu pinout is exactly the same as the Dell connector it might work (not sure about this as they're proprietary connectors).

The shapes can be worked out by looking at pictures but pinouts are not that easy, again, because it's not standard ATX connector.

The coloring scheme (if based on ATX) on the 16-pin is a hint though. Yellow is 12V, orange is 3.3V, red is 5V and black is ground.

If you can't find anything solid online as to whether they're the same pinout or not I'd say the only way can be to measure outputs and possibly to alter wiring to pins but that's A LOT of work. I wouldn't do it.
... :( thanks for the anserw Have a good day/night!

Reactions: Satan-IR