2400g vs 2200g + gtx 950

Nov 4, 2018
Hi...
This is my first build, and im stuck between two options.
For video editing & compositing, which is beter?
Ryzen 5 2400g with iGPU & ssd, or Ryzen 3 2200g & gtx 950?

And Im planning to upgrade the processor or gpu in January

Solution
Maybe just a 2200G with 16GB of RAM now and a good SSD? Should handle your project alright, then when you upgrade you already have a great platform, can sell the 2200G and pop in a 2600 and an RX 570? Also make sure you get a quality PSU, it will last you a lot longer even though it costs only a bit more. I'd suggest the CX 550M for budget and something like the Seasonic Focus gold 550W or EVGA 550G3 if you have a few extra bucks.
The reason to go with a "G" Ryzen is because you will use the integrated graphics. If you are going to use a videocard then you might as well get a regular Ryzen. For gaming, the combo with the 950 would be superior in performance.

However, you won't be using this for gaming. So you can use the extra CPU power of the 2400G. This is assuming the software you plan to use can leverage the extra threads. Video editing tends to use the CPU far more than the videocard, but check your software documentation to be sure.

Nov 4, 2018
Ok, im aware of Ryzen integrated graphic, but 2200g is the best processor i can find at 100$ range to be pair with gtx 950. Even 1300x price & performace are about the same with 2200g.

From what I learn, yes more cpu power is better but hardware acceleration help alot in video editing.
So I'm confused about better cpu or better hardware acceleration.

Software: premiere pro, after effects & resolve.

*Sorry for my english

Having the SSD will be a huge benefit to the usability of your system. If you're going to upgrade in January, why are you buying now? It's so much cheaper to build what you want initially than it is to replace bits and pieces in tiny steps. Can you just wait until January and get an R5 2600 and RX 570 or something? It will be so much faster than either of these options.

Nov 4, 2018
I have to buy it now because my old laptop just too slow and I have a 3 hour film project...
Sure im gonna take 1600 / 2600 in the future, and RX 570 looks like a good deal..
Thank you

Maybe just a 2200G with 16GB of RAM now and a good SSD? Should handle your project alright, then when you upgrade you already have a great platform, can sell the 2200G and pop in a 2600 and an RX 570? Also make sure you get a quality PSU, it will last you a lot longer even though it costs only a bit more. I'd suggest the CX 550M for budget and something like the Seasonic Focus gold 550W or EVGA 550G3 if you have a few extra bucks.

Solution