[SOLVED] 240hz monitor advice

robert_21

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Hi all

I'm looking to upgrade to a 240hz monitor currently I'm looking at getting the alienware AW2721D.

I've looked at the odyssey g7 but not sure if the curve is too much like reviews mention and wondering if it would hinder me in FPS games due to distortion?

Would the alienware be the best of the 2 and is there another I should consider either out now or due soon? I'm in no rush if better monitors are due out soon.

Solution
I had the same debate as you.
I did a lot of search, at that time, the G7 had issues, with flickering, from the reviews the I read, and Samsung had released a firmware upgrade to resolve it.
There was not much reviews on the AW2721D at that time, but from what I've seen there was not too many Cons.
I went and got the AW2721D, and I have no regret.
Jan 20, 2021
I would go for the Alienware because of it's cheaper price. I have a curved monitor not exactly the g7 but similar and it doesn't affect my performance in FPS games whatsoever though I don't find that in other applications that the curve is worth the premium you have to pay.

Yarzok

Reputable
May 30, 2019
I had the same debate as you.
I did a lot of search, at that time, the G7 had issues, with flickering, from the reviews the I read, and Samsung had released a firmware upgrade to resolve it.
There was not much reviews on the AW2721D at that time, but from what I've seen there was not too many Cons.
I went and got the AW2721D, and I have no regret.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS