27-inch LED monitor <400$

GODMODE09

Honorable
May 22, 2012
Hi guys,

My budget is 25K INR and I want to buy the biggest LED monitor with the best resolution.

Right now, in my mind, I have Dell U2412M 24 inch 16:10 1920x1200 IPS monitor (18K) and the New Dell 27-inch 1920x1080 monitor (22K I think, not sure).
I don't know if 1920x1080 in 27-inches will look pixelated or not..
I'm searching for better LED monitors that have bigger screens than 24-inch hopefuly better than 1920x1080 resolution..

I have some doubts:

Made some research ,

1 Looks like all 27-inchers under 25K are 1920x1080p. My doubt is whether it'll look really good or not , because I'm buying this for a 65K gaming rig to play using 1 monitor @ultra settings for the latest racing games using logitech G27 steering wheels, and I don't want the monitor's performance to affect the game graphics looks.

2 If I'm gonna buy a 27-inch LED monitor I should go for IPS right? It's already only 1920x1080 , I guess TN panels will make it look even worse? ( Just my guess )

Thanks

Solution
Samsung, Dell Ultrasharp (I can't see the one you linked), or the ASUS VE278Q. I don't like the Viewsonic simply because it lacks anything other than HDMI inputs, although their displays are generally decent.

If your going to buy a large monitor IPS panels have a better picture HOWEVER they are SLOWER in MOTION for gaming, and if your going to be playing mostly racing games you may experience some ghosting. TN panels are faster for that. If your going to be gaming with a racing game I would suggest either a Yamakasi Catleap or a smaller 120Hz monitor.

The Catleap has a whole support/club over at Overdrive.net if your curious about it.

Most non-IPS monitors will be 1920*1080, even at 27" (just look at LCD TV's).

sk1939

Distinguished
Samsung, Dell Ultrasharp (I can't see the one you linked), or the ASUS VE278Q. I don't like the Viewsonic simply because it lacks anything other than HDMI inputs, although their displays are generally decent.

If your going to buy a large monitor IPS panels have a better picture HOWEVER they are SLOWER in MOTION for gaming, and if your going to be playing mostly racing games you may experience some ghosting. TN panels are faster for that. If your going to be gaming with a racing game I would suggest either a Yamakasi Catleap or a smaller 120Hz monitor.

The Catleap has a whole support/club over at Overdrive.net if your curious about it.

Most non-IPS monitors will be 1920*1080, even at 27" (just look at LCD TV's).

Solution

GODMODE09

Honorable
May 22, 2012

Dell : DellTM S2740L 68.5cm (27) Monitor with LED . They have launched it this month.

So ur saying 60hz monitor won't be good to play using steering wheels at ultra settings? I have HD 7850 2GB graphic card.

I thought about buying these korean models after reading so much about them. I see there are few models in them with minor differences..
So is this model the best one?
Can u tell me if I can play the latest racing games using the below config (I'll be buying in a month) @ ultra settings using one of these monitors? I'll be playing using steering wheels.

Intel i-5 3550 Ivy Bridge
2x4GB @1600Mhz Gskill RAM
HD 7850 2GB Graphic card
120GB Crucial M4 SSD
Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H 32GB DDR3 Intel Motherboard
Corsair TX v2 750W
Microsoft Sidewinder x4
Case Cossair carbide 400R
DVD drive + wifi adapter

Thanks in advance :)

sk1939

Distinguished
It won't be bad either, the 120Hz just makes motion appear more "fluid", which may or may not be an issue for you.

Of the options you picked, I like the Dell monitor the best frankly.

I like that particular model, but I'm not sure if the 7850 is enough to drive the 2560 resolution at maximum quality, it depends on the game (not happening with Battlefield 3 for example).

It depends entirely on the game frankly, I would need specific titles.

I would go for the 3570-K, the price difference is not great enough for it to matter, and the 3550 sticks you with a locked multiplier, meaning that you can't overclock your CPU.

I can also tell you right off the bat though that your going to need more hard drive space, as current games are 15GB a piece, ignoring the initial 25GB Windows 7 takes to install. My office PC has a 120GB Samsung SSD in it, and with just Win7, Office, CS6, and a few utility programs I only have 40GB or so free.

GODMODE09

Honorable
May 22, 2012
Ya.. but I don't like 1920x1080 on 27-inches especially after I came to know about these Korean monitors..

I did'nt go for K because I'm a hardware noob and don't know to overclock and wanted to avoid heat issues that could occur,etc

I won't play FPS games ever. (never played any shooting games), I play only racing games and other car games. I will be playing all games ike Dirt,NFS , GRID,series and so on that is for PC.

Yeah, I should add a 500GB HDD too.

sk1939

Distinguished
That's pretty much an industry standard though at this point. Those Korean monitors are IPS, which means they are slightly slower than a TN panel for motion.

I would still go for the K because it leaves the option open should you want to try it later, or resell the machine. It is also a faster chip.

All those games you've listed are old enough that they shouldn't pose a problem running at those extreme resolutions. The only issue might be the latest Need for Speed games like Need for Speed: The Run which suggest an HD 6950 as recommended for decent performance. If nothing else you could always lower the resolution of the game.

Yep.

GODMODE09

Honorable
May 22, 2012
Thanks for your help sk1939.
So all that matters for gaming on 2560x1440 is graphic card right? Processor /RAM has nothing to do as long as it's an i-5 and 8GB ram right?