Question 2700x akk core 4200 1.2v where do I go from here?

Mar 5, 2019
Hello everyone. I recently built a new system with a 2700x and was having major issues with heat, after watching jaystwocents do a very brutal forced overclock I decided I would give it a try and lo and behold, I actually got a decent OC on all cores and RAM at 3000Mhz at 1.35 with a max 76 under load! Now, I am kinda new to manually doing OC, so where do I go from here? I know I need to do stability tests, so what software would you recommend?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking.

The OC

Cinebench Progression

Mar 5, 2019
First you need a good aftermarket CPU cooler to get any further. What's the voltage under full load ? I doubt it stays at 1.2v under full load and 4.2GHz.
Use HW Info to check voltages, temps etc.

yeah I was a little confused as well with that. I'm using ryzen master to check temps./volts and during cinebench run it the voltage doesnt move. But then when I restart into bios it says the voltage is running 1.4 and its set to auto.

Ryzen Master might have an issue>?

I'm using an AIO for cooling and just applied Kryonaut Grizzly paste which is why I started the oc as before I was using arctic silver and using AI suite to 5 way optimize, but it wouldn't even make it to 8%.

So what I did was actually disable all the auto stuff in the bios and simply adjusted the core starting at 40 and going up by one until it crashed.

So now I have all cores at 4.2 with about 76 under load and RAM OC too at 3000 at 1.35 and I just stressed the gpu and it passed. So now I need to run stability, correct?

Can you take a look please and give me any advice? Does it look ok? there must be an issue with ryzen as here it states its almost at 1.5
CPU Z

Last edited:
AI Suite is a piece of you know what, simple, straight up OC done in BIOS works best.
Set multiplier to 42, Voltage to 1.35 and play with LLC until stable. If you let voltage at auto it's bound to shoot up to 1.5v or more bringing too much heat. Use HW Info, Voltage under "CPU Core voltage (SVI12Tpn) and temps at CPU(Tdie).

Mar 5, 2019
AI Suite is a piece of you know what, simple, straight up OC done in BIOS works best.
Set multiplier to 42, Voltage to 1.35 and play with LLC until stable. If you let voltage at auto it's bound to shoot up to 1.5v or more bringing too much heat. Use HW Info, Voltage under "CPU Core voltage (SVI12Tpn) and temps at CPU(Tdie).
Thanks for the advice heading to try it now