$29 Windows 7 Student Problem Solved With ISO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatecrime69

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2008
[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]The key that people got still should work with this correct?[/citation]

the retail product keys (like the student discount version) work with both the 32 or 64 bit version (the oem versions however, do not)

G

How hard is it for Microsoft and Digital River to get this right? The ISO download stops after 10MB. Tried different browsers and disabled firewall and antivirus software. Great fix!

Supertrek32

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
[citation][nom]niven76[/nom]How hard is it for Microsoft and Digital River to get this right? The ISO download stops after 10MB. Tried different browsers and disabled firewall and antivirus software. Great fix![/citation]
I'm at 200MB so the download IS working. Not sure what could be causing you trouble.

fausto

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2005
about damn time. took them long enough. download iso and dvd too now.
this is a 64 bit iso correct? anyone try it? report back please!

G

I am having the same issue with the link cutting out. I have tried several times and it stops anywhere from 10MB to 45MB. Not an isolated problem. Smae with IE and firefox.

G

[citation][nom]jojesa[/nom]That's is an issue with IE, use another browser.[/citation]

I use Firefox...I wouldn't use IE if you payed me LOL...It worked though, finally was able to DL...Must have have too many people DL at the same time or something...It's weird though because I was DL'n at 1.5MB/Sec when it was cutting out, so there couldn't have too many people on...ohh well, who knows!!!

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
Do you need to have a copy of windows already installed on the pc, or do you just need to have access to the media/product key of vista?

greliu

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
Digital Rivers has offered to send me a DVD ISO Image of Windows 7 64-bit due to the issue of going from 32-bit to 64-bit. It should be in the mail today! :)

dimcorner

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I used the original file from digital river (the .box and setup) and ran the setup to uncompress the file (it gave me error at the end but it was ok). Afterward I ran Oscdimg.exe on the expandedSetup directory to create a bootable iso and burned it to a DVD using PowerISO. Re-boot with DVD in drive and setup started right up!

fausto

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2005
[citation][nom]greliu[/nom]Digital Rivers has offered to send me a DVD ISO Image of Windows 7 64-bit due to the issue of going from 32-bit to 64-bit. It should be in the mail today![/citation]

i paid for mine:(

deathblooms2k1

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Marcus you've taken a lot of crap for your articles recently. This article is straight and to the point, it feels much more like news. There's no negative/positive dialect that can be construed as bias, just information. Good job. If you take this same approach with news that depicts problems with Microsoft products I doubt as many people will see you as a Mac Fanboy. Good Job.

talys

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
[citation][nom]Hatecrime69[/nom]the retail product keys (like the student discount version) work with both the 32 or 64 bit version (the oem versions however, do not)[/citation]

@Hatecrime69 - I do not believe that this is correct. Just yesterday, I installed 32-bit Windows 7 Professional using a retail 32-bit DVD and an OEM key that came with 64-bit media. Activation was successful.

All retail, partner and licensing keys (MSDN, Technet, Assurance, MAPS, etc.) are for definitely interchangeable.

G

I did a clean install and of Windows 7 from the student upgrade files but the problem I have is that they key they gave me to activate it doesn't work. I keep getting an error saying I can't activate Windows because the key I have is only good for an upgrade not for a clean install, what kind of stupid person came up with that idea. It's things like this that will greatly influence my decision in the future to move to Linux.

talys

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
@downwithdigitalriver:

Before you blow up, do a search. Here is how to (easily) install clean using upgrade media:

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/10/23/save-80-on-your-windows-7-purchase-the-upgrade-does-full-inst/

Status
Not open for further replies.