29Fps in FEAR w/ 8800GTS?????

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Linear

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2006
In device manager, under Human interface devices, i just disabled all the items labled ''HID-compliant device'' and my G7 continues to work, what is disabled is the Side Scrolling and the Dynamic adjustment of sensitivity, other than that the rest of the mouse works, but in FEAR my framerate triples. Im also using Windows XP x64, but i hear its not specifically a x64 based problem

Link to the official FEAR forums, where this is Discussed a little better
LINKORZ

JefftheCheff

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2007
In device manager, under Human interface devices, i just disabled all the items labled ''HID-compliant device'' and my G7 continues to work, what is disabled is the Side Scrolling and the Dynamic adjustment of sensitivity, other than that the rest of the mouse works, but in FEAR my framerate triples. Im also using Windows XP x64, but i hear its not specifically a x64 based problem

Link to the official FEAR forums, where this is Discussed a little better
LINKORZ
PROBLEM SOLVED, TY SOOOOOOOOO MUCH, FEAR IS SO BUTTERY NOW!

mannwhite

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2007
Could anyone please answer me this question? Why do people insist on playing directx9 under vista when windowsxp is so much better in this regard? Is there some problem with dual-boot that I'm am not aware of. I'm planning on getting Vista64 when directx10 titles start coming out, but am still going to keep my WinXP-32bit installation for the directx 9 titles, there are millions of benchmarks that show that xp is more consistent than vista on dx9, so why people keep posting about vista problems beats me. Anybody care to answer?

Maybe the Moth to the Flame syndrone, or an uninformed decision basically thinking newer is better, or how about sawing off a limb while you're sitting on it, or misery loves company, or the blind leading the blind.

Whatever reasons people are jumping straight into a brand new operating system going to a new DX platform, with all the bugs new systems are plagued with, that service packs have to address to resolve, is beyond me but it was also done with WinXP, so I guess we have to give the Guinnea Pigs their due.

Applause !!!! Guinnea Pigs take a bow !!! Thank You, Thank You!! :lol:

Let them suffer through until the software catches up, and also suffer the performance loses until their hardware is no longer cutting edge, which doesn't take long at all, then they won't even worry that the OP/SYS is a suck of a performer compared to what its replacing, they'll be searching for new hardware. ROFLMAO :lol:

Let the flaming begin! :lol:

Vash-HT

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2006
Why are you guys still on VIsta about this, didn't it end up being his mouse that was the problem, which someone mentioned is not a problem exclusive to Vista either? So he might have had the same problem in 32 bit XP anyway, but you all sound like it was all Vista's fault.

JefftheCheff

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2007
Why are you guys still on VIsta about this, didn't it end up being his mouse that was the problem, which someone mentioned is not a problem exclusive to Vista either? So he might have had the same problem in 32 bit XP anyway, but you all sound like it was all Vista's fault.
ture, and i have an average 103fps now w/ everything maxed, including soft shadows

640mb on the gpu, and 2gb of ram, as for the PSU im not to educated on how they work, but its an Ernemax Liberty 500w Modular, and i play at 1280x720 and Counter Strike Source works incredibly well

Did a retest dropping down closer to the resolution you're actually running F.E.A.R. at, my original post scores were at much higher resolution 1600x1200, so I dropped to 1152x864, since my monitor won't actually run at 1280x720, and scored an average of 131, not bad for over the hill technology Eh. :wink: