Question 2fans on 1port

tommytgc

Commendable
Mar 6, 2018
Is it safe to connect two 12v fans (argus-rs 03) via adapter to one chasis fan port on motherboard?
My motherboard: asus prime b250m-plus

tommytgc

Commendable
Mar 6, 2018
The specs I found say each fan uses up to 3W. At 12V that places them at 0.25A each. As a typical fan header can handle 1A at 12V. You should be able to handle two fans on one header using a 4-Pin splitter cable.
Thanks for the answer! My problem was that I couldnt find any voltage, current an power specs about fans or motherboard. The only thing I was able to find was that my motherboard supports up to 1A for the cpu fan

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Most fans are easily doubled up on a single 1A fan header. I do it quiet a bit on builds. The starting current for the fans can peak quite a bit, so I usially stop at 2 fans. But I have done 3 fans (at my own risk). Your board should be fine with 2 fans per header.

If the fans are identical or even if not and you want to monitor speed for one of them, use a splitter that has the tach pin missing in one end. Example
Otherwise the dual fans' tach feedback will confuse the BIOS.

tommytgc

Commendable
Mar 6, 2018
Most fans are easily doubled up on a single 1A fan header. I do it quiet a bit on builds. The starting current for the fans can peak quite a bit, so I usially stop at 2 fans. But I have done 3 fans (at my own risk). Your board should be fine with 2 fans per header.

If the fans are identical or even if not and you want to monitor speed for one of them, use a splitter that has the tach pin missing in one end. Example
Otherwise the dual fans' tach feedback will confuse the BIOS.
Thanks yes they are the same and they came with 3to1 adapter but I decided to only connect 2gand to fan header just to be safe and ofcourse it has 4pin connector for one and 3pin for the other