2K Games, Gearbox Confirms Borderlands 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnUnusedUsername

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
It's kind of a letdown that they said it'd be set on pandora. There's a lot of story to investigate throughout the whole borderlands universe, why limit it to pandora only?

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
at a press conference in early spring I remember an executive from gearbox, "mistakenly" mentioned borderlands 2 in the making. I wonder if their gonna spend another 5 years making this one.

cnox

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2008
Dear Gearbox,

Please let us know in advance if you are going to support robust graphics resolutions and aspect rations (with appropriate FOVs). I do not want to waste another dime on buying a modern game that has console-like restrictions on graphics configuration.

Thanks.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Could be decent. They'd better make a lot of changes to the first though as I've played that one to death and new story alone won't make me want to play it again.

10hellfire01

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
I admit I wasn't a fan of the graphics. GPU barely hit 40% becuase it was barely anything. But I do love the game and as I said on Kotaku "yay!".

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Release Duke Nukem Forever
Get lacklustre reviews
Make shed loads of cash anyway
Pour every penny into a worth Borderlands sequel
Get good reviews
Make shed loads of cash
Pour every penny into a worthy Duke Nukem sequel
Get better reviews than DNF
Make shed loads of cash
Repeat ad infinatum

[citation][nom]bak0n[/nom]Still playing the original Borderlands and expansions on steam.[/citation]
you dont play steam, steam plays you. Seriously i have had to re-install it 5 times in the past couple months, its beyond a joke.

Fokissed

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
[citation][nom]iam2thecrowe[/nom]you dont play steam, steam plays you. Seriously i have had to re-install it 5 times in the past couple months, its beyond a joke.[/citation]
Cool story bro. You're an exception, not the rule.

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
Borderlands' ending sucked. If it's just going to be more of the same, I'll keep my $50. Getting there was fun, but it's tough enough to get my wife to play co-op on a shooter with me, without having her not want to play any more because of a rushed, letdown ending. Seriously, she won't even play the expansions because she was so disappointed. I'm used to it, but it's her first shooter since the original Doom circa 1993! What's the point of having a co-op game, when your gaming buds won't play it?

rylan

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011
[citation][nom]iam2thecrowe[/nom]you dont play steam, steam plays you. Seriously i have had to re-install it 5 times in the past couple months, its beyond a joke.[/citation]
Sounds like you have hardware issues.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
Playing as Lilith, going stealth and then loading enemies up with a can of psychic whup-ass, and hearing her evil laugh as you do it, and then Moxie going crazy getting you to entertain her in her sick game sure made my day, how about you?

I'll wait, even if it takes a long time for them to do it right.

wannaturnuptheheat

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
[citation][nom]redgarl[/nom]Another boring mindless FPS. The game industry has fallen low... where is the creativity anymore?[/citation]

You haven't actually played Borderlands, have you? Not saying it's not mindless -- it is, in a Diablo 2 lootfest kind of way -- but your statement sounds like it's implying that Borderlands should be lumped in with you vs. an army FPSs like... every other one.

While its execution was certainly lacking, Borderlands was able to open up the FPS genre in a way that other games refuse to do -- while some games have either had pseudo-RPG things tacked on (the only example I can think of is CoD multiplayer with its perks) or were SO RPG as to not be shooters anymore (Fallout 3), Borderlands really was like playing Diablo 2 in the first person. With guns.

I really hope they can improve the endgame and/or story on BL2, and it's an almost guaranteed buy for me.

kathiki

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010
Borderlands was an excellent and very addictive game marred by the sad ending indeed.... It brought very cool RPG features to the fps genre...

Hope they manage to incorporate more features than the original,that i must admit i have enjoyed more than any other game....

I am sure 2K will ahve enough time to listen to fans suggestions

rylan

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011
[citation][nom]rantoc[/nom]Loved Borderlands, it was however a bit to easy. Should have been able to set difficulty levels in it both single/multiplayer.[/citation]
You can increase the difficulty when more than one person is playing by editing the WillowGame.ini configuration file.

Status
Not open for further replies.