2nd Monitor Grainy

dietdrkelp

Reputable
May 3, 2018
I have 2 monitors one is a gateway monitor that looks completely good, I've been using it for 4 years, but today i setup my 2nd monitor which is a insignia 24 inch small TV and thats the one that i am having the grain issue with, i have tried resolution scaling, changing cords, calibrating colors, and nothing has worked. Any input is greatly appreciated.

I would guess that the TV resolution is the problem. It may not have the resolution of the monitor that you are comparing it to. Also there is the possibility that you have installed the cables on a unfavorable input for the TV. Check the manual for the highest resolution inputs.

dietdrkelp

Reputable
May 3, 2018
I no longer have the owners manual for it because I've moved twice and had it for multiple years, but from what I've seen its 1920x1080 the model number is NS-24D510NA15 and i'm using a HDMI cord and connecting it to my GPU using a HDMI to DVI cord due to my GPU only having 1 HDMI slot.

dietdrkelp

Reputable
May 3, 2018
ok thank you i will try that, bur if that doesnt work i have found optimal settings to look it as best as possible. thank you for all the advice you have provided.