Question 2nd monitor loads bios afterwards 'no video connection' and only loads on 1st monitor

Aug 10, 2023
My first monitor is connected HDMI -> DP and my 2nd monitor (Hanns-G HP196) is connected VGA-> DP. I'm on windows 11 home.
On start-up, ASUS bios logo will appear on 2nd monitor. But when my windows lock screen loads 'no video connection' appears on my 2nd monitor and windows only loads on my 1st monitor. Once logging in, my monitor remains the same. Windows detects it on display settings, but it displays 'no video connection'
I've Tried:
Using just the 2nd monitor (doesn't work)
Tried 2nd monitor on different pc with & without another monitor (works)
Tried the same cable but with a different pc (works)
Tried different ports on my GPU (doesn't work)
any suggestions??

My first monitor is connected HDMI -> DP and my 2nd monitor (Hanns-G HP196) is connected VGA-> DP. I'm on windows 11 home.
On start-up, ASUS bios logo will appear on 2nd monitor. But when my windows lock screen loads 'no video connection' appears on my 2nd monitor and windows only loads on my 1st monitor. Once logging in, my monitor remains the same. Windows detects it on display settings, but it displays 'no video connection'
I've Tried:
Using just the 2nd monitor (doesn't work)
Tried 2nd monitor on different pc with & without another monitor (works)
Tried the same cable but with a different pc (works)
Tried different ports on my GPU (doesn't work)
any suggestions??
Sounds like you may be dealing with either a bad or corrupted GPU driver hence why it's showing the ASUS logo but then nothing else afterward. With it showing no video connection it could also be on the wrong input type on the monitor, try cycling through the options and see if it appears.

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode and see if it shows up on both monitors?

Aug 10, 2023
Sounds like you may be dealing with either a bad or corrupted GPU driver hence why it's showing the ASUS logo but then nothing else afterward. With it showing no video connection it could also be on the wrong input type on the monitor, try cycling through the options and see if it appears.

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode and see if it shows up on both monitors?
I'm not sure if my monitor has different input options, the only physical port is a VGA and there's no settings to change anything regarding that.
I booted it into safe mode and now the display is only on my 2nd Monitor, the first monitor is displaying 'no signal'