Question 3 LEDs show on motherboard when I turn my PC ?

May 27, 2024
Please keep it to 1 thread.
Hey so a red light show for the cpu, a yellow light for ram, & a green for the gpu.
These lights show up, but my pc runs just fine.
When I play games tho, I got a stutter/frame drops out of nowhere sometimes. My PC give me high fps too in games which is nice.
Could that be the reason why?
Here's m PC specs.
PC SPECS:
Mag X670E Tomahawk WiFi
GeForce RTX 4060TI Gaming x Slim 16GB GDDR6
Corsair vengeance DDR5 Ram 32GB 5200MHZ CL40 Intel XMP iCUE

Samsung - 990 PRO 2TB Internal SSD PCle Gen 4x4 NVMe​

Corsair RM750e (2023) ATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 Compliant 80 plus gold efficiency
EK Nucleus AIO CR240
AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 6 Core Processor

Hey so a red light show for the cpu, a yellow light for ram, & a green for the gpu.
These lights show up, but my pc runs just fine.
When I play games tho, I got a stutter/frame drops out of nowhere sometimes. My PC give me high fps too in games which is nice.
Could that be the reason why?
Here's m PC specs.
PC SPECS:
Mag X670E Tomahawk WiFi
GeForce RTX 4060TI Gaming x Slim 16GB GDDR6
Corsair vengeance DDR5 Ram 32GB 5200MHZ CL40 Intel XMP iCUE

Samsung - 990 PRO 2TB Internal SSD PCle Gen 4x4 NVMe​

Corsair RM750e (2023) ATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 Compliant 80 plus gold efficiency
EK Nucleus AIO CR240
AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 6 Core Processor
Are they on all the time ? BIOS up to date ?

May 27, 2024
Are they on all the time ? BIOS up to date ?
Hi thank you for the reply! What do you mean are they on all the time? If you are talking about me leaving the pc on when I’m busy & out the house, no it’s off. BIOS are not up to date. I kinda got nervous at looking at all the files & was thinking which one would be good for my system. I did uninstall & reinstall GPU drivers with DDU. I installed a AMD chipset driver. Still having fps drops/stutters. Then recently, I came home from work, turn the pc on & the red cpu light & yellow ram light were on for like a minute until I finally got a POST. Then went into windows normally. Not sure why that happened?

Hi thank you for the reply! What do you mean are they on all the time? If you are talking about me leaving the pc on when I’m busy & out the house, no it’s off. BIOS are not up to date. I kinda got nervous at looking at all the files & was thinking which one would be good for my system. I did uninstall & reinstall GPU drivers with DDU. I installed a AMD chipset driver. Still having fps drops/stutters. Then recently, I came home from work, turn the pc on & the red cpu light & yellow ram light were on for like a minute until I finally got a POST. Then went into windows normally. Not sure why that happened?
I meant are lights on while PC is running ?
Drivers don't have anything to do with the lights,that's in BIOS.
I would start with CMOS reset and BIOS update. You may also re-seat RAM and check it's health.

May 27, 2024
I meant are lights on while PC is running ?
Drivers don't have anything to do with the lights,that's in BIOS.
I would start with CMOS reset and BIOS update. You may also re-seat RAM and check it's health.
The lights go away when I finally get a POST. It’s a stable light too btw. No blinking, no nothing. Just stable. I reseated the RAM already. Each I tried switching the RAM stick from A2 to B2. Then tried only one stick. Still FPSDrops/Stutter & I still got where the two lights are on with no display for a minute. How would I do a CMOS reset on a Mag X670E Tomahawk WiFi mobo?

The lights go away when I finally get a POST. It’s a stable light too btw. No blinking, no nothing. Just stable. I reseated the RAM already. Each I tried switching the RAM stick from A2 to B2. Then tried only one stick. Still FPSDrops/Stutter & I still got where the two lights are on with no display for a minute. How would I do a CMOS reset on a Mag X670E Tomahawk WiFi mobo?
CMOS could be reset in multiple ways. Easiest is from BIOS itself. Usually pressing F5 or some other option "reset to factory defaults" . Also 2 pins (Clr-cmos) on MB to short out or in extreme case taking out battery for few seconds or minutes. Last two with power right off.

May 27, 2024
CMOS could be reset in multiple ways. Easiest is from BIOS itself. Usually pressing F5 or some other option "reset to factory defaults" . Also 2 pins (Clr-cmos) on MB to short out or in extreme case taking out battery for few seconds or minutes. Last two with power right off.
Okay sounds good. I’ll try this in the morning when I wake up. I’m also gonna get another USB flash drive to get the BIOS on there for my pc. Thank you for the replies. I’ll update you when I do so.

Reactions: CountMike
May 27, 2024
Hey I got my new USB Drive. I boot up the PC just now & it showed the lights again but, it booted up faster how it'd always do. So that's good. I have a question tho...which one of these BIOS files should I download? It also have the patch notes on each file. Here's the link: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MAG-X670E-TOMAHAWK-WIFI/support

Hey I got my new USB Drive. I boot up the PC just now & it showed the lights again but, it booted up faster how it'd always do. So that's good. I have a question tho...which one of these BIOS files should I download? It also have the patch notes on each file. Here's the link: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MAG-X670E-TOMAHAWK-WIFI/support
Which version do you have now? I don't have that MB but BIOS with AGESA 1170 wasn't very good for 7000 Ryzen. on my Asrock.

May 27, 2024
May 27, 2024
7E12v1B was released today. Hard to be newer than that.
@CountMike hey guys, so I updated my bios. Still having frame drops. I’ve been trying to play SF6 & I get drops still. I don’t even play the game at the highest settings either. Same goes for COD & Xdefiant but the fps drops in those two games aren’t as bad as Street Fighter 6.

May 27, 2024
Hey guys, so I did everything I probably could do. Looked up YouTube videos on how to boost fps & make my system perform well & did nothing for my pc. I uninstalled & installed gpu driver with DDU. I installed a AMD chipset driver & updated BIOS & nothing worked. I even tried reseating the CPU & tried taking the RAM sticks out & leave one of them in & booting the PC. I played games like Street Fighter 6, COD & Xdefiant. SF6 would have pretty bad frame drops. COD & Xdefiant would go from 250FPS & down to like 165 & back up to 250 every now & then. SF6 would be at 60 & go down to 45 or 50. I don’t even play any of the games I have at the highest settings either. I’m not sure what’s the issue. Maybe the AIO? PC part picker said my 120 MM AIO was compatible with my CPU. Then a few days ago I saw my AMD Ryzen 5 7600X recommends a 240MM AIO? I’m lost. Please help. Thank you.

Latest posts