Question 3 LEDs show on motherboard when I turn my PC ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 27, 2024
Please keep it to 1 thread.
Hey so a red light show for the cpu, a yellow light for ram, & a green for the gpu.
These lights show up, but my pc runs just fine.
When I play games tho, I got a stutter/frame drops out of nowhere sometimes. My PC give me high fps too in games which is nice.
Could that be the reason why?
Here's m PC specs.
PC SPECS:
Mag X670E Tomahawk WiFi
GeForce RTX 4060TI Gaming x Slim 16GB GDDR6
Corsair vengeance DDR5 Ram 32GB 5200MHZ CL40 Intel XMP iCUE

Samsung - 990 PRO 2TB Internal SSD PCle Gen 4x4 NVMe​

Corsair RM750e (2023) ATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 Compliant 80 plus gold efficiency
EK Nucleus AIO CR240
AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 6 Core Processor

kanewolf

Titan
Hey guys, so I did everything I probably could do. Looked up YouTube videos on how to boost fps & make my system perform well & did nothing for my pc. I uninstalled & installed gpu driver with DDU. I installed a AMD chipset driver & updated BIOS & nothing worked. I even tried reseating the CPU & tried taking the RAM sticks out & leave one of them in & booting the PC. I played games like Street Fighter 6, COD & Xdefiant. SF6 would have pretty bad frame drops. COD & Xdefiant would go from 250FPS & down to like 165 & back up to 250 every now & then. SF6 would be at 60 & go down to 45 or 50. I don’t even play any of the games I have at the highest settings either. I’m not sure what’s the issue. Maybe the AIO? PC part picker said my 120 MM AIO was compatible with my CPU. Then a few days ago I saw my AMD Ryzen 5 7600X recommends a 240MM AIO? I’m lost. Please help. Thank you.
Did you do a clean Windows install when you built this?
Why did you use DDU to install the graphics driver?

list your complete system specs with make & model of all components
PC part picker said my 120 MM AIO was compatible with my CPU
whether a cooler will install onto your CPU is not the same as if it is capable of keeping it cool enough under heavy load.
compatible just means that it has the proper bracket fittings.

you'd be much better off with a nice air cooler than any 120mm AIO.
that small of a radiator surface area is pretty much intended for a basic web browsing/media center system.

May 27, 2024
Did you do a clean Windows install when you built this?
Why did you use DDU to install the graphics driver?
So since I didn’t have another windows device near me to install windows on a USB. I downloaded windows 11 off of my MacBook onto my USB & installed it to my new built PC. With the GPU driver I used the GeForce Experience app first to download the latest driver. Then I was looking at some videos on YouTube on how to boost my performance. One of the videos showed that I do what exactly I just did & installed the latest driver on DDU.

May 27, 2024
list your complete system specs with make & model of all components

whether a cooler will install onto your CPU is not the same as if it is capable of keeping it cool enough under heavy load.
compatible just means that it has the proper bracket fittings.

you'd be much better off with a nice air cooler than any 120mm AIO.
that small of a radiator surface area is pretty much intended for a basic web browsing/media center system.
Also here’s a video of my temps when on COD
https://streamable.com/ga7t0q

@CountMike hey guys, so I updated my bios. Still having frame drops. I’ve been trying to play SF6 & I get drops still. I don’t even play the game at the highest settings either. Same goes for COD & Xdefiant but the fps drops in those two games aren’t as bad as Street Fighter 6.
Let's start with memory. are RAM sticks in right places, work in dual channel configuration with XMP enabled ?

May 27, 2024
Let's start with memory. are RAM sticks in right places, work in dual channel configuration with XMP enabled ?
So I have a ram stick in the A2 slot & B2 slot on my mobo. XMP is not enabled. It was before but was disabled. When enabling it, should I set the speed to 5200MHZ? That's how fast my ram is but bios haves it 4800

May 27, 2024
Hey so, I notice in all games I play, I see I have way more usage on my GPU than I do with my CPU when gaming. I've been dealing with FPS drops/stutters since last week when I built my PC. When I first built it the games would have high FPS & every now & then the frames would drop/stutter then go back up again. I tried messing with the in game settings, windows settings, reseating CPU, reseating RAM sticks, leaving one RAM stick out, updating BIOS, updating CPU Chipset, installing GPU driver from Geforce experience & DDU, enabling XMP in BIOS, enabling G-Sync & still nothing :( . I haven't done any overclocking. I'm also not sure why running COD is worse now? I'm very lost...here's a screenshot of me playing COD with the usage/temps. Also will drop a link of my specs. Thank you.

COD IN GAME SCREENSHOT: View: https://imgur.com/a/0zAjFvW

PC SPECS: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YCYkBL

kira-faye

Upstanding
Oct 11, 2023
Likely you're expecting too much from the components purchased - it's a 4060 and a non-X3D 6 core 7000 series Ryzen. Record some logs / graphs, not just screenshots, showing usage and temp over time. Maybe it's overheating. Maybe there's nothing wrong at all. What we have here isn't enough to go on.

May 27, 2024
Likely you're expecting too much from the components purchased - it's a 4060 and a non-X3D 6 core 7000 series Ryzen. Record some logs / graphs, not just screenshots, showing usage and temp over time. Maybe it's overheating. Maybe there's nothing wrong at all. What we have here isn't enough to go on.
Hey thanks for your response.
I have two videos for you.
https://streamable.com/tjpmmn

logainofhades

Titan
Hey so, I notice in all games I play, I see I have way more usage on my GPU than I do with my CPU when gaming. I've been dealing with FPS drops/stutters since last week when I built my PC. When I first built it the games would have high FPS & every now & then the frames would drop/stutter then go back up again. I tried messing with the in game settings, windows settings, reseating CPU, reseating RAM sticks, leaving one RAM stick out, updating BIOS, updating CPU Chipset, installing GPU driver from Geforce experience & DDU, enabling XMP in BIOS, enabling G-Sync & still nothing :( . I haven't done any overclocking. I'm also not sure why running COD is worse now? I'm very lost...here's a screenshot of me playing COD with the usage/temps. Also will drop a link of my specs. Thank you.

COD IN GAME SCREENSHOT: View: https://imgur.com/a/0zAjFvW

PC SPECS: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YCYkBL

More GPU usage is not a bad thing. It means your GPU is being fully utilized. You need to lower some in game settings. The 4060ti is not exactly a high end card. Honestly, you should have asked for build advice, before building that system. You could have had something much faster, for that cost.

Reactions: kira-faye
May 27, 2024
More GPU usage is not a bad thing. It means your GPU is being fully utilized. You need to lower some in game settings. The 4060ti is not exactly a high end card. Honestly, you should have asked for build advice, before building that system. You could have had something much faster, for that cost.
I had cod at the lowest settings & still nothing improved. Same thing for xdefiant & sf6. Even at ultra settings in cod, I was getting 240 FPS but I’d get a few stutters.