Question 3 LEDs show on motherboard when I turn my PC ?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 27, 2024
Please keep it to 1 thread.
Hey so a red light show for the cpu, a yellow light for ram, & a green for the gpu.
These lights show up, but my pc runs just fine.
When I play games tho, I got a stutter/frame drops out of nowhere sometimes. My PC give me high fps too in games which is nice.
Could that be the reason why?
Here's m PC specs.
PC SPECS:
Mag X670E Tomahawk WiFi
GeForce RTX 4060TI Gaming x Slim 16GB GDDR6
Corsair vengeance DDR5 Ram 32GB 5200MHZ CL40 Intel XMP iCUE

Samsung - 990 PRO 2TB Internal SSD PCle Gen 4x4 NVMe​

Corsair RM750e (2023) ATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 Compliant 80 plus gold efficiency
EK Nucleus AIO CR240
AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 6 Core Processor

May 27, 2024
So I have a 7600X already but thinking about getting a new CPU. I’ve been having pretty bad performances with it with my 4060TI. I experienced in game fps drops & stutters. The highest I seen my gpu usage was like 70 & the CPU usage at %40 when playing COD. Maybe it’s the CPU? Maybe get the AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
You keep not responding and doing what members suggest. Peppering them with random responses and following YT videos will get you nowhere. You have some exceptional folks trying to help you.

Personally, I would start with a fresh installation of Windows 11. Then update all drivers, getting the AMD chipset drivers directly from AMD and your video drivers directly from Nvidia. I would also make sure I had the latest motherboard BIOS installed.

Leave all the YT tweaks alone. Just don't.

The only setting change to make in the BIOS would be to enable the memory to run at its rated speed. Leave all other settings alone. Don't touch them.

Start from a clean baseline. Then install your games and update them as appropriate. Adjust game settings for optimal performance for your system (not what some random video suggests) and preference.

A couple folks have suggested you may be expecting too much for your system. The GPU is okay, but on the lower end of current gaming performance. Not saying it is bad, you just may need to adjust your expectations.

May 27, 2024
You keep not responding and doing what members suggest. Peppering them with random responses and following YT videos will get you nowhere. You have some exceptional folks trying to help you.

Personally, I would start with a fresh installation of Windows 11. Then update all drivers, getting the AMD chipset drivers directly from AMD and your video drivers directly from Nvidia. I would also make sure I had the latest motherboard BIOS installed.

Leave all the YT tweaks alone. Just don't.

The only setting change to make in the BIOS would be to enable the memory to run at its rated speed. Leave all other settings alone. Don't touch them.

Start from a clean baseline. Then install your games and update them as appropriate. Adjust game settings for optimal performance for your system (not what some random video suggests) and preference.

A couple folks have suggested you may be expecting too much for your system. The GPU is okay, but on the lower end of current gaming performance. Not saying it is bad, you just may need to adjust your expectations.
I mean a 4060 TI isn’t old no? I heard the cpu & gpu is good. But okay I’ll reinstall windows.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I mean a 4060 TI isn’t old no? I heard the cpu & gpu is good. But okay I’ll reinstall windows.
No, not old. But, on the lower end of the performance spectrum for this generation of Nvidia GPUs.

Not a criticism. Just is what it is.

A factory reset is a different process than a clean installation. Which are you doing?

Have you looked at this?

logainofhades

Titan
How is it unoptimized? It was all compatible.

Ram too slow, and 4 sticks. 2 sticks of faster ram would have been better. 6 cores these days is low for such an expensive system. Overly expensive cooler, for such a cpu. 4060ti 16gb is a terrible GPU for the money. For a similar cost, you could have had a much faster system. Your build showed up as $1652.91.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor ($339.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Deepcool LS720 SE WH 85.85 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock X670E Pro RS ATX AM5 Motherboard ($219.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Silicon Power XPOWER Zenith RGB Gaming 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory ($182.99 @ Newegg Sellers)
Storage: TEAMGROUP MP44 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: ASRock Steel Legend OC Radeon RX 7900 GRE 16 GB Video Card ($549.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Montech AIR 903 MAX ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.00 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($99.90 @ Newegg)
Total: $1671.84
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-05-29 16:04 EDT-0400

1440p-p.webp

Last edited:
Reactions: kira-faye

TRENDING THREADS