3 screens with 5770 HD

G

Hi all, as a fairly avid gamer recently playing with 2 screens, I realized how awesome it probably would be to have 3. However, as a bit of a hardware noob, I am not really finding it easy to discover the cheapest and easiest way of running such a setup. I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience. I would be running 2 1200x1600 screens and 1 1900x1080, so I was wondering what kind of resolutions i would have to run and if there was a simple, cheap way of doing this.

randomkid

Distinguished
^Having different resolutions wont work. If you already have 2x1600x1200, you will need another 1600x1200 of the same brand & model if you intend to use it for Eyefinity.
In any case, I do not think your 5770 will cut 3x1600x1200 anyway. My 6950 2GB struggle in 3x1920x1080 and have to get another 6950 2GB myself for CF to get consistently >30fps.

What is your current monitors' brand & model?
What is your GPU's brand & model?

This is not quite true, especially the part about needing the same brand/model. For non-gaming purposes there shouldn't be an issue but I agree that it is pretty non-workable for gaming. A single HD5770 just isn't going to cut it for Eyefinity gaming as you point out and with these monitors I believe you would have to run all three at the lowest vertical/horizontal resolutions they all can handle which means 1600x1080 with a lot of black bars. It wouldn't be good.
So just get another 1600x1200 screen if at all possible.

randomkid

Distinguished
^I agree that you can set up 3 different monitors. But he specifically said for gaming so I suggested the same brand & model to ensure the monitors will be at same size & levels. It is really odd & disturbing to look at 3 different monitor models even if their resolution is the same.
I have 3xLG 42" screen for Eyefinity & it looks nice when playing. However, it still disturbs me that the center TV being of different model with higher contrast ratio is darker than the 2 on the sides. Another thing that is bothering me is that somehow the TV on the right is 0.5cm higher than the center even if the TV are physically of the same size & looks and the desk I put them onto are the same make and sizes. This 0.5cm difference disturbs me so I can't imagine how it will be if the monitors are of different make & model.

SpazldNinjaDude

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
as others have said the frame rate, even while just idling windows will be naught (hehe jokes i know it will be naught if your not doing anything) sorry jokes aside, you wont get high FPS or wont be able to play on anything near highish spec. You also need 3x moniters with the same everything, make and model, or the image will just be weird. I recomend going with 2x moniters not 3 if your using that GPU, or get two of them, it will run better.

I can shut up now :) you probaly heard it all before from others,

See ya,

SpazldNinjaDude