Question 3- way fan splitters?

HypNotiQ IV

Prominent
Jun 27, 2019
So ive decided to upgrade my pc, and i want to have 12 silent wings 3 pwm fans (120mm) (a 360mm rad with push pull, and 2 more just push (or pull)) the motherboard I'm getting has 4 fan headers (gigabyte z390 aorus ultra) I'm just curious if it would be able to handle splitting each of the fan headers into 3 with this (https://www.newegg.ca/p/N82E1681242...ter&cm_re=fan_splitter-_-12-423-163-_-Product) im not really sure how it works exactly, but i believe it has something to do with how many amps the fan headers put out and how many the fans themselves take, but i cant find the numbers on any specs of the fans nor motherboard.
Also getting a fan hub isn't really an option for me, I don't want my fans to be blasting at full speed all the time.

(and yes i know 3 360 rads is overkill but roast me later help me with fans pls xd)

Many times....motherboard fan headers are rated at 1 amp.
I think if you do some looking around you might be able to find the spec for your MB....or if not.....call the manufacturer....but I think 1 amp would be a safe assumption.

As far as the fans....usually the current draw is printed on the fan. If not....I would do some poking around and see what I could find out. You could also hook a fan to a power supply and use a meter to see what it draws.

the Be quiet silent wings 3 pwm fan 120mm come in two different forms, the 120 PWM and 120mm PWM high speed.

120mm PWM uses .12amps so you can have up to 8 fans per header as the amp draw will stay under 1 amp (.96 amps) do i recommend this, not at all
120mm PWM high speed uses .37 amps so max would be 2 fans per header, a third will put you ovre the 1 amp

HypNotiQ IV

Prominent
Jun 27, 2019
the Be quiet silent wings 3 pwm fan 120mm come in two different forms, the 120 PWM and 120mm PWM high speed.

120mm PWM uses .12amps so you can have up to 8 fans per header as the amp draw will stay under 1 amp (.96 amps) do i recommend this, not at all
120mm PWM high speed uses .37 amps so max would be 2 fans per header, a third will put you ovre the 1 amp
How would you recommend that i do it then? because all the fan hubs ive looked at just blast the fans at 100%
Would something like this work, without blasting fans? (being able to control them within bios?) https://www.newegg.ca/black-en-lab-2ft-60cm-pwm-4pin-fan-hub-splitter/p/1W7-005X-00042?reviews=all&Description=pwm fan controller&cm_re=pwm_fan_controller--1W7-005X-00042--Product

Last edited: