$30000 build need cooling advice

Mar 26, 2018
Building an overkill dual pc water cooled setup kind of going after the Orion 8pack setup. Background... I’ve built several hundred gpu mining rigs but none with custom water cooling. I may be going to far with four water loops as there are two radiators slammed up against each other. Open to advice on any of it possibly did things wrong. The 4th radiator is an odd ball because I originally wanted it to match but realized watercool doesn’t make that size. Decided to run the top radiator down to the bottom section and bulkhead fitting up. Not sure on exact routing of the tubes yet trying to make it look good and function properly. Any ideas on the cooling system would be greatly appreciated.

Phanteks enthoo elite
Evga 1600 t2 with dual mb splitter

Main system
Rampage vi extreme
I9 7980xe binned ocuk
3 titan XP’s in sli
Corsair dominator platinum 128 gb
Intel optane ssd 900p
Asus hyper m.2 x16 and intel vroc
4-samsung 960 pro 2tb
samsung 860 pro 2.5 4tb
2 Seagate barracuda pro 12tb
Ekwb blocks

Secondary
Asus z370i gaming
I7 8700k
Titan V
Corsair dominator platinum 32gb
1-Samsung 960 pro 1tb
1-Samsung 860 pro 1tb
seagate ironwolf 10tb
2-seagate barracuda pro 12tb
Ekwb blocks

Cooling system
Aquero lt controller
Watercool radiators 1-360 2-480
Alphacool 240
Bitspower fittings
4 phantek reservoirs
4 ddc pumps
16 Noctua nf-f12
3 noctua nf-a14
Not sure on coolant yet

O7z9nK.jpg

aCAlmU.jpg

GVUPhe.png

3 way SLI on Pascal is not supported ;)
Cooling RAM is pointless from performance perspective and creates unnecessary clutter in the loop.
Doing 4 separate loops is fun, but kinda pointless. The maximum you should do is 3.
1. ITX system with ~480 or more rad surface (for example 360 + 240 would be nice)
2. Main CPU loop with 360-480 rad
3. Main GPU loop with 480 rad
The problem with the case and that many radiators is that some of them will reuse hot air from others which significantly reduces their effectiveness.
Unfortunately there is no "good" workaround with this case.

Mar 26, 2018
Good call that cpu is actually for the x299 dark I just got for a test bench the cpu for the mini is the i7 8700k ill edit that. Unfortunately my new dark board had to be sent back doa and the cpu was in front of me.

g-unit1111

Titan

Coin mining programs most likely don't recognize SLI mode on GPUs. Only games and rendering programs benefit from having SLI connections. But for the most part you're running those GPUs as individual units and not connected ones as 3 and 4 way SLI isn't supported on Pascal. Which is true.

Mar 26, 2018
This build will be mostly for gaming and networking to the mining farm so I appreciate the heads up I’ve never gamed with the quad titan setup that was only for overclocking and worked great so I assumed it would work for games as well. What would be a better solution for the gpus I basically have every card currently available except 1080 ti kingpin hydro coppers. I wanted to use the air cooled ones I have but there are no water blocks available that I know of. The kingpins have been easily my best mining card besides the titan V.

It depends on the monitor you have.
Practically, for gaming, the best solution is a single, most powerful GPU you can afford.
SLI (2 cards) will work in supported titles - not that many of them and mostly older ones as DX12 and Vulcan don't support SLI/CF, they have their own implementation of multi GPU that practically no one uses - SLI has many issues:
1. games not scaling well
2. supporting games have issues like frezes, stuttering, crashes or even weirder that might or might not be addressed with game/driver update.
3. Higher input lag - there is no way around it.
So for now, you'd be better gaming on that ITX system with Titan or GTX 1080Ti connected to a 2560x1440p@144Hz or 3440x1440p@120Hz monitor.
That's kinda the best gaming experience available today. later this year, high refresh rate 4K monitors (120-144Hz) would be available and you can pair them with upcoming GPU from Nvidia.

Mar 26, 2018
Got one for the secondary system, I’m deciding between the XP’s and I have a bunch of 1080ti kingpins to pull from but there air cooled and I can’t find any water blocks that will work and look good.