[SOLVED] 3060 + Ryzen 3600 Severally Underperforming with low CPU and GPU utilizations

hashimmyh

Commendable
Dec 29, 2018
My Specifications
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core/12-T
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
MOBO: MSI B450-A Pro Max
BIOS Version: American Megatrends International, LLC. M.D0, 2021-05-17
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8GB) DDR4 3600Mhz
Storage: Kingston NV1 1TB NVME M.2 + Seagate FireCuda 2.5" 1TB
Video Card: ZOTAC GeForce RTX 3060 Twin Edge
Power Supply: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W CM US 80 Plus Gold

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/46804215

Problem: I recently built a new PC (2 months ago) and it has been extremely frustrating trying to figure out what is wrong with it, it can't seem to handle games like
  • Dayz ( Will peak at 150, then when I turn around it will stay at 30-40fps for a while, then go back, here is a screenshot
  • Escape from Tarkov (Will peak at 70, then20-40fps when turning)
  • 7 Days to Die (140fps, then 40fps when turning)
I haven't tested many other games, albeit for War Thunder, which I can run perfectly with 4x super sampling (4K) and highest settings, all while maintaining 90-100 fps.
My main issue is that when I am playing DayZ for example, I will get 150+ frames, then as I turn, it drops down to 40 for a while until recovering. This trend repeats in all the other games really (except for War Thunder, so far).
While playing, I'll notice that the GPU utilization hovers at 30% and the CPU at 20-40% (even when turning and the frames drop, and with 32gb of RAM I'm starting to think that it isn't a hardware issue. Temperatures are relatively low too, as you can see in the SS.
This has really frustrated me as I just upgraded from a laptop with a 1050ti mobile GPU, only to find myself getting lower frames in many situations. I have tried for a while to fix this, the solutions I have tried:
  • Replacing the GPU
  • Increasing the RAM
  • Reinstalling graphics drivers via DDU
  • Disabling HPET
  • Optimizing game settings via NVIDIA Control Panel
  • Changing Power Mode to High Performance
  • I recently did a M-Flash
Please if anyone could help me out, this has made my life hell and I just need to figure it out.
Thank You

Last edited:
Solution
Yes, all my drivers should be up to date last I checked. I did an M-Flash just now aswell. I have checked XMP profiles and picked profile 1, I have never tried turning off XMP profiles but I'll give it a go. I sourced my OS from the windows website and used a USB to boot. I don't think I installed my drivers as administrator I don't remember doing that.

The chipset from MSI is more up to date, but would the one from AMD be better?

The drivers on the AMD's site will be the most up to date. The ones from the MSI site, can only be provided when AMD release the drivers to MSI or ASUS or whomever.

Defo take the chipset driver from AMD's site.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Might I ask where you sourced the installer for your OS? As for your platform's drivers, did you manually install any and/or all drivers meant for your platform manually in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Use the chipset driver listed on AMD's support site and not on MSI's support site.

hashimmyh

Commendable
Dec 29, 2018
Yes, all my drivers should be up to date last I checked. I did an M-Flash just now aswell. I have checked XMP profiles and picked profile 1, I have never tried turning off XMP profiles but I'll give it a go. I sourced my OS from the windows website and used a USB to boot. I don't think I installed my drivers as administrator I don't remember doing that.
Use the chipset driver listed on AMD's support site and not on MSI's support site.

Last edited:

The drivers on the AMD's site will be the most up to date. The ones from the MSI site, can only be provided when AMD release the drivers to MSI or ASUS or whomever.

Defo take the chipset driver from AMD's site.

Solution