Question 3060 Ti 8GB

Mar 20, 2022
Problem is monitor says no input with new GPU even when I bot using the motherboard display port.

Computer has:
-Asus Z170 pro gaming motherboard.
-Intel i7 7700k.
-2 8GB RAM for total of 16GB
- (1) 125 GB C: storage + (1) 1TB hard drive
-seasonic 850 gold psu.
-windows 10.
-MSI curved screen 165hz monitor.

Trying to install a MSI Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti 8GB. Gpu installed easy; when I power up, monitor stays black and shows “ no input “ error.When I try to start it using the motherboard display port and an hdmi cable, same error now.

Same issue happened in January- I had an Asus 3060 12gb along with the old 1060. One night the monitors just went black. I removed the 1060 and upgraded the psu from a 600W bronze to a 850W gold. Bored using the display port and downloaded the new drivers but it still wouldn’t recognize that 3060 anymore. So I returned it and waited again for a new 3060. I get this one home and it’s the same problem.

What’s going on? Can the motherboard and psu just fundamentally not handle this anymore?

When you are trying to use the integrated graphics through the motherboard, are you leaving the graphics card installed or removing the graphics card?

You need to try removing the graphics card completely and see if the integrated graphics work ok then or not.

As for the RTX 3060, I'm going to assume you have made sure you are plugging in the auxiliary power cables to the graphics card, double checked to see the card is FULLY seated and the lock in the end of the PCI slot is engaged with the cutout in the bottom of the graphics card and that you have the display cable plugged into the graphics card, yes?

Have you tried using an HDMI cable with the graphics card? Have you checked to see that the input option on the monitor in the monitor menu options, if it has a selectable input option, is set to the same as the cable type you are trying to use?

Tried unplugging and re-plugging in the cable on both the monitor and graphics card ends?

How old is that 850w Seasonic, and what EXACT model is it?