Question 3060ti not being recognized, pcie slot shown as empty

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 23, 2022
Just got a OEM 3060ti from DELL for my 2. PC I freshly built, but the card is only working in my main pc, not in the pc I want it to be in.

The problem is, my 3080 works just fine in that 2. pc so I have no idea whats the issue with the 3060ti as its working in my main pc just fine.

things I've tried :
-both x16 and x4 pcie slot, not working
-bios flash to newest
-bios reset
-ddu driver remove
-PCIe Riser
-buying the same brand mainboard where the 3060ti was working (gigabyte)

in short :
main : 3080+3060 works
2. PC : 3080 works, 3060 doesnt work

Main:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Graphic card: MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Suprim X
Ram: 32 GB DDR4 3200 MHz
Motherboard: X570 AORUS ELITE
PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 11 Platinum 850W

2.PC:
Processor: i5 9600k
Graphic card: DELL OEM 3060ti
Ram: 32 GB DDR4 3200 MHz
Motherboard: MSI Z370 Gaming Plus / Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X
PSU: Corsair RM750 (2021)
GPU-Z_N6kfE1gVL5.png.cb6fb2dde68d5c0fb622c2a30bfd38dc.png

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/84606377

Bought another 3060ti as I didnt find anyone with AMD, but the M.2 still triggers the VGA LED and I cant get a signal so I cant get into bios with it installed. Was like that even with integrated graphics, thought its gonna get fixxed when I install a working GPU. :(

Any ideas for that issue? ^^

Which new 3060 IT have you got this time around ?

Also, let me see if I get it right, the new M.2 SSD does not work with the iGPU either? (this it on the new Gigabyte mobo?, also when you said new, Do you mean brand new from a closed box?, or Is it a used one/refurbished ?) ?

Nov 23, 2022
Which new 3060 IT have you got this time around ?

Also, let me see if I get it right, the new M.2 SSD does not work with the iGPU either? (this it on the new Gigabyte mobo?, also when you said new, Do you mean brand new from a closed box?, or Is it a used one/refurbished ?) ?
A used zotac twin force haha.

Think its a refurbished one, the M.2 works fine in another system and I havent tried the upper M.2 slot yet as I couldnt unscrew it and now I'd have to remove the cpu cooler to try again. :D

A used zotac twin force haha.

Think its a refurbished one, the M.2 works fine in another system and I havent tried the upper M.2 slot yet as I couldnt unscrew it and now I'd have to remove the cpu cooler to try again. :D

Have you tried to boot the system + new (used) gpu, without this new M.2 SSD?

If it works, then you should try the upper M.2 slot and see if that one works.

Nov 23, 2022
Have you tried to boot the system + new (used) gpu, without this new M.2 SSD?

If it works, then you should try the upper M.2 slot and see if that one works.
ye system finally works just fine now, except if I install the M.2. Even tried to set PCIe to x8/x8 and remove my sata ssd but it still wouldnt work.
Guess I gotta remove my cpu cooler again and try to unscrew this stupid superglued m.2 screw.

Joseph_138

Distinguished
Gotta call Dell when im home and hope they can help me out even when the warranty ran out.
Will take some time but im sure I can hit up a friend to try the 3060ti in his system.

I doubt that Dell is going to be any help at all, since you are not the original purchaser of the card. If you're not trying to install it in a Dell system, they may also refuse to help. They have no way of knowing what happened to the card since it left their hands, It may have been BIOS modded to use as a mining card, or something, which they won't be able to help you with.

Nov 23, 2022
I doubt that Dell is going to be any help at all, since you are not the original purchaser of the card. If you're not trying to install it in a Dell system, they may also refuse to help. They have no way of knowing what happened to the card since it left their hands, It may have been BIOS modded to use as a mining card, or something, which they won't be able to help you with.
Yea I've given up on that idea, sent it to a youtuber who repairs gpu's. Lets wait and see I guess haha.

Reactions: RodroX