Question 3060ti not being recognized, pcie slot shown as empty

Nov 23, 2022
Just got a OEM 3060ti from DELL for my 2. PC I freshly built, but the card is only working in my main pc, not in the pc I want it to be in.

The problem is, my 3080 works just fine in that 2. pc so I have no idea whats the issue with the 3060ti as its working in my main pc just fine.

things I've tried :
-both x16 and x4 pcie slot, not working
-bios flash to newest
-bios reset
-ddu driver remove
-PCIe Riser
-buying the same brand mainboard where the 3060ti was working (gigabyte)

in short :
main : 3080+3060 works
2. PC : 3080 works, 3060 doesnt work

Main:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Graphic card: MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Suprim X
Ram: 32 GB DDR4 3200 MHz
Motherboard: X570 AORUS ELITE
PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 11 Platinum 850W

2.PC:
Processor: i5 9600k
Graphic card: DELL OEM 3060ti
Motherboard: MSI Z370 Gaming Plus / Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X
PSU: Corsair RM750 (2021)
GPU-Z_N6kfE1gVL5.png.cb6fb2dde68d5c0fb622c2a30bfd38dc.png

With the 3060 ti installed (Or wait until after the process to install if the CMOS battery is not accessible on this motherboard without removing the graphics card) try the following, EXACTLY as outlined.

BIOS Hard Reset procedure

Power off the unit, switch the PSU off and unplug the PSU cord from either the wall or the power supply.

Remove the motherboard CMOS battery for about three to five minutes. In some cases it may be necessary to remove the graphics card to access the CMOS battery.

During that five minutes while the CMOS battery is out of the motherboard, press the power button on the case, continuously, for 15-30 seconds, in order to deplete any residual charge that might be present in the CMOS circuit. After the five minutes is up, reinstall the CMOS battery making sure to insert it with the correct side up just as it came out.

If you had to remove the graphics card you can now reinstall it, but remember to reconnect your power cables if there were any attached to it as well as your display cable.

Now, plug the power supply cable back in, switch the PSU back on and power up the system. It should display the POST screen and the options to enter CMOS/BIOS setup. Enter the bios setup program and reconfigure the boot settings for either the Windows boot manager or for legacy systems, the drive your OS is installed on if necessary.

Save settings and exit. If the system will POST and boot then you can move forward from there including going back into the bios and configuring any other custom settings you may need to configure such as Memory XMP, A-XMP or D.O.C.P profile settings, custom fan profile settings or other specific settings you may have previously had configured that were wiped out by resetting the CMOS.

In some cases it may be necessary when you go into the BIOS after a reset, to load the Optimal default or Default values and then save settings, to actually get the BIOS to fully reset and force recreation of the hardware tables.

Nov 23, 2022
With the 3060 ti installed (Or wait until after the process to install if the CMOS battery is not accessible on this motherboard without removing the graphics card) try the following, EXACTLY as outlined.

BIOS Hard Reset procedure

Power off the unit, switch the PSU off and unplug the PSU cord from either the wall or the power supply.

Remove the motherboard CMOS battery for about three to five minutes. In some cases it may be necessary to remove the graphics card to access the CMOS battery.

During that five minutes while the CMOS battery is out of the motherboard, press the power button on the case, continuously, for 15-30 seconds, in order to deplete any residual charge that might be present in the CMOS circuit. After the five minutes is up, reinstall the CMOS battery making sure to insert it with the correct side up just as it came out.

If you had to remove the graphics card you can now reinstall it, but remember to reconnect your power cables if there were any attached to it as well as your display cable.

Now, plug the power supply cable back in, switch the PSU back on and power up the system. It should display the POST screen and the options to enter CMOS/BIOS setup. Enter the bios setup program and reconfigure the boot settings for either the Windows boot manager or for legacy systems, the drive your OS is installed on if necessary.

Save settings and exit. If the system will POST and boot then you can move forward from there including going back into the bios and configuring any other custom settings you may need to configure such as Memory XMP, A-XMP or D.O.C.P profile settings, custom fan profile settings or other specific settings you may have previously had configured that were wiped out by resetting the CMOS.

In some cases it may be necessary when you go into the BIOS after a reset, to load the Optimal default or Default values and then save settings, to actually get the BIOS to fully reset and force recreation of the hardware tables.
Still no hdmi signal on the gpu.

Nov 23, 2022
What are your full hardware specifications. Please include exact models for graphics card, CPU, motherboard and power supply, at the least.

Main:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Graphic card: MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Suprim X
Motherboard: X570 AORUS ELITE
PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 11 Platinum 850W

2.PC:
Processor: i5 9600k
Graphic card: DELL OEM 3060ti
Motherboard: MSI Z370 Gaming Plus / Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X
PSU: Corsair RM750 (2021)

It is striking that after all you tried, the PC #1 with the CPU with no igpu (your R7 5800X), both cards work, but on the PC with a CPU with an integrated GPU (your Core i5 9600K) for some reason one card work and the other doesn't, thing is the one that does not work is a "DELL OEM" GPU.

Perhaps some really weird incompatibility between this DELL OEM GPU and the fact that your PC #2 have a CPU with integrated graphics?

But before that, When you said you tried both "x16 and x4 pcie slot" on PC #2, was this tested with, or without the PCIe riser?

Sorry, missed the spoiler.

So which is the actual motherboard in use here? The Z370 or the Z390?

You are connecting the display cable to the graphics card I assume, and not the motherboard, right?

I would try removing the graphics card completely, totally take it out of the system, then perform the CMOS reset procedure I posted above with no graphics card installed. Then allow it to power on and sit there for five or ten minutes until you're sure it's done with whatever it is going to do. Then power off, unplug the PSU cable or flip the switch off, do the same reset procedure again but this time reinstall the graphics card, making sure of course to connect the auxiliary power cables to the card from the PSU and the display cable from the monitor to the graphics card. Then power on and see if you get a signal.

If you do not, I'd try switching to Displayport to see if you can get a signal like that, IF your monitor has a DP input on it. If not, what is the model of your monitor? Are you using the same monitor for both systems?

Nov 23, 2022
It is striking that after all you tried, the PC #1 with the CPU with no igpu (your R7 5800X), both cards work, but on the PC with a CPU with an integrated GPU (your Core i5 9600K) for some reason one card work and the other doesn't, thing is the one that does not work is a "DELL OEM" GPU.

Perhaps some really weird incompatibility between this DELL OEM GPU and the fact that your PC #2 have a CPU with integrated graphics?

But before that, When you said you tried both "x16 and x4 pcie slot" on PC #2, was this tested with, or without the PCIe riser?
Tried on Main PC:
-3060ti in x16, worked but only got x8 but better than nothing tbh

Tried on 2. PC:
-3060ti in each Mainboard with both x16 and xx Slots, not working
-3060ti with riser with both PCIe Slots in the MSI Mainboard, not working
-3080 with riser, as its too big for the case, in x4 slot in MSI Mainboard, working

Reactions: RodroX
Nov 23, 2022
Sorry, missed the spoiler.

So which is the actual motherboard in use here? The Z370 or the Z390?

You are connecting the display cable to the graphics card I assume, and not the motherboard, right?

I would try removing the graphics card completely, totally take it out of the system, then perform the CMOS reset procedure I posted above with no graphics card installed. Then allow it to power on and sit there for five or ten minutes until you're sure it's done with whatever it is going to do. Then power off, unplug the PSU cable or flip the switch off, do the same reset procedure again but this time reinstall the graphics card, making sure of course to connect the auxiliary power cables to the card from the PSU and the display cable from the monitor to the graphics card. Then power on and see if you get a signal.

If you do not, I'd try switching to Displayport to see if you can get a signal like that, IF your monitor has a DP input on it. If not, what is the model of your monitor? Are you using the same monitor for both systems?
Currently using the Gigabyte Z390.
I'm using the Mainboard HDMI as I dont get any signal using the 3060ti with neither HDMI nor DP with 3 Monitors I have tested so far.

Nov 23, 2022
When the card is idle the power saving features may reduce lane usage, so it is not unusual for a card to be running at x8 speeds if it doesn't NEED to be running at x16 speeds/lanes.

What is the current BIOS version for both boards that it is NOT working in?
got the latest bios in both mainboards, the 390 wouldnt boot with the F4 installed so I updated to F10

IDK man, but I'll tell you I've been seeing this quite a bit lately with this exact scenario. Especially on Intel boards. So far BIOS updates and hard resets have been the only thing that has worked, but not on all of them. So, not sure what else you can try to be honest, especially since the 3080 works fine in the #2 PC. I'd RMA it I guess. I've seen stranger things than this recent graphics card situation where it works in other boards but not in one you want. But not often.

Nov 23, 2022
IDK man, but I'll tell you I've been seeing this quite a bit lately with this exact scenario. Especially on Intel boards. So far BIOS updates and hard resets have been the only thing that has worked, but not on all of them. So, not sure what else you can try to be honest, especially since the 3080 works fine in the #2 PC. I'd RMA it I guess. I've seen stranger things than this recent graphics card situation where it works in other boards but not in one you want. But not often.
bought it used and the seller got it as a warranty replacement card, its basicly a fresh card tho. Bought it around 1 month ago too so its my problem now since I cant return it ig.

bought it used and the seller got it as a warranty replacement card, its basicly a fresh card tho. Bought it around 1 month ago too so its my problem now since I cant return it ig.

Is there any friend or family member with a decent PC (specially a very good PSU) that can test the RTX 3060TI for you ? I mean if the RTX 3060 works for gaming on another PC, then this could very well be a bad/weird incompatibility issue.

Nov 23, 2022
Is there any friend or family member with a decent PC (specially a very good PSU) that can test the RTX 3060TI for you ? I mean if the RTX 3060 works for gaming on another PC, then this could very well be a bad/weird incompatibility issue.
The 3060ti works just fine except the x8 limit on my main pc.
The 3080 works also just fine in my 2. pc where the 3060ti wont work.

He already said it works on his main PC, just not on his #2 PC. And that the RTX 3080 in his main PC works fine in the #2 PC, just the 3060 ti won't.
The 3060ti works just fine except the x8 limit on my main pc.
The 3080 works also just fine in my 2. pc where the 3060ti wont work.

Yes, I understood that many posts ago. So since OP can't RMA, or return it, the way I would proceed is to test the RTX 3060TI on a 3rd PC, of a friend or familiy member.

If it works, then you have some strange issue with your i5 system.

If it doesn't work then the RTX 3060TI has some weird compatibility issue with at least 2 different PCs.

Nov 23, 2022
Yes, I understood that many posts ago. So since OP can't RMA, or return it, the way I would proceed is to test the RTX 3060TI on a 3rd PC, of a friend or familiy member.

If it doesn't work then the RTX 3060TI has some weird compatibility issue with at least 2 different PCs.
Gotta call Dell when im home and hope they can help me out even when the warranty ran out.
Will take some time but im sure I can hit up a friend to try the 3060ti in his system.

Makes enough sense to be worth trying.

Nov 23, 2022
Im lowkey done with this dumb pc.

I got a new M.2 ssd and when its installed, thr VGA led is on and I get no monitor signal.

Even when its the only drive plugged in.

Is it maybe the CPU ? Im out of ideas and motivation v.v

Yea Im using a new gigabyte z390 gaming x.
Only things left could be cpu or ram, but I guess it must be the cpu even though I didnt see any damage on it.

Sadly 95% of the times you never see any damage on the CPU.

Usual issues are related to poor pin contact with the pads. Pads are easy to check (specially for burn marks), but sometimes the pins can be misleading (you need very good light, and very good sight).
Other times theres no visual indication at all, and you can spend serveral days testing everything else just to find out that the culprit was the cpu.

Then again, not having extra known working cpus to try make it harder.

Last edited:
Reactions: Craxto
Nov 23, 2022
Just got back home from my mates place, tried it in two pc's, the card aint working in both.
Both Intel systems tho. So the graphicscard isnt working in 3 intel systems but in 1 AMD system.

Just gotta find another friend with an AMD system to check if its working there lmao.
But atleast the new m.2 is working, but still dont know why it wasnt working in my 2. pc.

Just got back home from my mates place, tried it in two pc's, the card aint working in both.
Both Intel systems tho. So the graphicscard isnt working in 3 intel systems but in 1 AMD system.

Just gotta find another friend with an AMD system to check if its working there lmao.
But atleast the new m.2 is working, but still dont know why it wasnt working in my 2. pc.

Lol thats some insane incompatibility (not the first I see), but at least you know now that the i5 system is working!

Please keep us update!!!

Last edited: