[SOLVED] 3080 psu

Jun 28, 2021
hi guys im very confused i have a 850w psu that only contain 1 cable that exclude the x2 8 pins was good enught for my 2080 ti but i recently got the evga 3080 ftw3 and this car requires x3 8 pins now the question is do i have to get a new psu that cointain the x3 8 pins or a can use maybe a spliter but the problem is that my suply power only contain 1 cable with the x2 8 pin and adding a spliter to give power to the missing 8 pin will that burn my system ? or i have to buy a new psu that contain the x3 8 pins separeted sorry not the best english hope you undertand my psu is the cougar gxs 80 plus gold

Solution
Any high quality 850 Watts PSU should have enough PCI-e connectors for any high-end GPU. You should post the exact Model number and the label printed on the PSU. Is this your current power supply unit ? Or, some other Model ? NEVER use a splitter or adapter for powering the card.

If yes, then the 800 Watts has 4 8-PIN PCIe/PEG connectors (6+2). You have 850 Watts or 800 Watts unit ? I couldn't find an 850W unit from Cougar GX-S series.

Cougar GX800 800-watt 80 PLUS Gold Power Supply Review | TweakTown

COUGAR GX-S - Digital Power Supply - COUGAR (cougargaming.com)
Any high quality 850 Watts PSU should have enough PCI-e connectors for any high-end GPU. You should post the exact Model number and the label printed on the PSU. Is this your current power supply unit ? Or, some other Model ? NEVER use a splitter or adapter for powering the card.

If yes, then the 800 Watts has 4 8-PIN PCIe/PEG connectors (6+2). You have 850 Watts or 800 Watts unit ? I couldn't find an 850W unit from Cougar GX-S series.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yendry1212
Solution
Jun 28, 2021

i mistaken is a 750 w

Did you lose the other cable? If there was only one inside then either you don't have the 750w or you need to contact cougar to send you a replacement.
It's far from being bad as a PSU but it's outside of most people's (the ones who know about PCs) comfort zone.