Question 3080 repair, blown fuse

Aug 15, 2024
I was playing Rust and would get these black screens that would make my gpu fans go to 100%, and I would have to manually restart the PC. After this happened for the 5th or 6th time the black screen was followed by a small pop and the PC shutting itself off. After trying to turn it back on the card gave the red light. I tried different slots, PSU, different computer all the same. I did some research on this red light and found a few repair videos that had a blown fuse due to a short, and since my card was out of warranty I opened it up and found the same blown fuse. In the repair videos they said the most likely culprit was one of the mosfets and they would then inject some voltage and find which one got hot. I do not have the equipment for that, I just have a multimeter I did my best and found that the 6 mosfets I circled were shorting (at least I think they are) and so were the fuse and coil leading to them. Not sure what my next move is because in the repair videos they only found a single bad mosfet, am I just that unlucky that all 6 are bad or is there another reason for the short. I have ordered some spare fuses and mosfets in hopes to replace them.

My System:
Power Supply: Corsair RM750
CPU: Intel i9-10900k
RAM: GSkill Trident Z Royal 32 GB - 3200 MHz
GPU: EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
MOBO: Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master
SSD: WD Black SN 750

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
I do not have the equipment for that, I just have a multimeter I did my best and found that the 6 mosfets I circled were shorting (at least I think they are) and so were the fuse and coil leading to them. Not sure what my next move is because in the repair videos they only found a single bad mosfet, am I just that unlucky that all 6 are bad or is there another reason for the short. I have ordered some spare fuses and mosfets in hopes to replace them.
Last I checked voltage injection can and will cause damage to your component beyond repair, if there was a scope of repairing the component in question.

IMHO, you should give the GPU in for repair in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing. If you're in the 'States, you can contact NorthRidgeFix or NorthWestRepair, they both have YT channels and the latter should have details on how you can reach them(I know NorthRidgeFix does mind you in his YT about me section).