Question 3080 Ti Issues?

Feb 3, 2023
Hey guys, so recently I’ve had this problem where my computer randomly crashes with a black screen & then my screen becomes all disorientated. I had this issue when I first built my rig, but I haven’t had them anymore after I swapped out some custom cables I had gotten. This only happens whenever my pc is playing games.

Specs
GPU: MSI Ventus 3080 Ti OC 12gb
RAM: 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro
MB: Rog Maximus XIII Hero Z590
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX1000 W
CPU: i7-11700K
SSD: 970 Evo Plus 2TB

If you guys want a photo of how my screen looks to get a better idea just let me know.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You could try and see if your motherboard is pending any BIOS updates. The other thing to note is when do these issues crop up? When taxed or when idling? As for your PSU, how old is the PSU in the build? How are yo cooling that processor? Make and model of your case and the cooling(case airflow) inside the case? Adding an image does help us two fold. Also, does the GPU show up with a yellow exclamation mark and an error code in Device Manager? What OS are you working with?

Feb 3, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You could try and see if your motherboard is pending any BIOS updates. The other thing to note is when do these issues crop up? When taxed or when idling? As for your PSU, how old is the PSU in the build? How are yo cooling that processor? Make and model of your case and the cooling(case airflow) inside the case? Adding an image does help us two fold. Also, does the GPU show up with a yellow exclamation mark and an error code in Device Manager? What OS are you working with?
Hey! I haven’t updated my mother board BIOS ever since I’ve been using the pc, so since 2021? It’s a pretty new build. It’s weird because I was playing rust with my friends and this issue only came up very recently again. I had this issue when I first made my pc like I said, and it seems like it crops up whenever I am playing games or have multiple things open like google chrome for example. It’s a really weird issue, because I am not currently sure if it could be my ram? I don’t think it’s due to any over-heating issues because I always monitor my temps and they’re pretty solid. I always am at around 60C for my gpu & 50C for my cpu whenever I am playing rust. For the yellow exclamation mark and the error code, I haven’t gotten anything like that. I am also currently on windows 10. Do you think dust could be a culprit? I rarely clean my computer. My cpu is cool, I use water cooling for my build, no leakage thankfully. When I get home I will provide an image of how the monitor looks like when these crashes happen when I get home. I think it’ll be good to add that when these crashes do happen, the screen first becomes disorientated, then my monitor screens go black & then it takes me back to the windows login screen.

Feb 3, 2023
Hey! I haven’t updated my mother board BIOS ever since I’ve been using the pc, so since 2021? It’s a pretty new build. It’s weird because I was playing rust with my friends and this issue only came up very recently again. I had this issue when I first made my pc like I said, and it seems like it crops up whenever I am playing games or have multiple things open like google chrome for example. It’s a really weird issue, because I am not currently sure if it could be my ram? I don’t think it’s due to any over-heating issues because I always monitor my temps and they’re pretty solid. I always am at around 60C for my gpu & 50C for my cpu whenever I am playing rust. For the yellow exclamation mark and the error code, I haven’t gotten anything like that. I am also currently on windows 10. Do you think dust could be a culprit? I rarely clean my computer. My cpu is cool, I use water cooling for my build, no leakage thankfully. When I get home I will provide an image of how the monitor looks like when these crashes happen when I get home. I think it’ll be good to add that when these crashes do happen, the screen first becomes disorientated, then my monitor screens go black & then it takes me back to the windows login screen.
View: https://imgur.com/a/nAWLEyq

I was able to get a link!