[SOLVED] 3080TI and crashes?

Dec 21, 2021
I got an RTX 3080TI,
A 11700K processor and an Z-570A Gaming Wifi with a 750W Platinum power supply and G.Skill Trizen Z Neo DDR-4 4000 CL18.

I have been having issues lately where some of my games crash, Phasmophobia and Red Dead redemption.
Whilst other games like Apex, Valheim and Forewarned all run super well and no issues.

I also have disabled Turbo Mode on my processor because the PC will blue screen if i have it on.

Anyone have any experience with this and why it is happening?

Solution
I also have disabled Turbo Mode on my processor because the PC will blue screen if i have it on.
This is indicitive of too high an overclock. Is your memory running at 4000MHz? You should test your memory with Memtest86. At least 1 full pass. Also, run Prime95 blended test with all AVX settings off and see if it can survive 10 mins.
The crashing might not have anything to do with the 3080 Ti.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Do the two crashing game use more memory then the working ones? Could be system memory causing the problem. 4000 is a pretty high overclock, might need a little bump in voltage there. Boost shouldn't be crashing your system either, so you might want to look into that. Either the CPU is overheating or there isn't enough power to the CPU to keep it happy.

Certain 3080Ti are known to have crashing issues above 2000Mhz on the core. There were some vBIOS updates released to handle that, but many people just had to put a small negative offset to avoid the worst of it.

Dec 21, 2021
Do the two crashing game use more memory then the working ones? Could be system memory causing the problem. 4000 is a pretty high overclock, might need a little bump in voltage there. Boost shouldn't be crashing your system either, so you might want to look into that. Either the CPU is overheating or there isn't enough power to the CPU to keep it happy.

Certain 3080Ti are known to have crashing issues above 2000Mhz on the core. There were some vBIOS updates released to handle that, but many people just had to put a small negative offset to avoid the worst of it.

So downscaling the GPU might cause some fix?

I was worried a 750 wouldn't be enough to keep my system happy either, and I am willing to invest in an 850 instead if I am certain it might fix it.

Do you perhaps know these updates where they are? I installed the newest BIOS update so far, but still hasn't fixed it.

Dec 21, 2021

It seems it even crashes in Forewarned, I am not sure if this game uses more Memory than Apex Legends, but I would assume not.

I've tried downclocking my video card but it did not seem to do it, I am not sure how to bump the voltage otherwise on the other things, or if my PSU can even handle that. I am not that smart I am afraid.

Jan 3, 2022
I just bought an brand new 3060 with my motherboard z370m. I solved my problem installing new bios version. I’ve never updated, now it’s working perfectly well

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
or if my PSU can even handle that.

What brand and exact model of PSU is it, and how old? Rated wattage is one thing, but there are, unfortunately, far too many power supplies out there that don't deliver their officially rated power, or fail below the rating they state.

You'll definitely want a good-quality power supply. Keep in mind, that the color scheme (bronze, gold, etc) only covers efficiency, not necessarily quality of internal components.

This is indicitive of too high an overclock. Is your memory running at 4000MHz? You should test your memory with Memtest86. At least 1 full pass. Also, run Prime95 blended test with all AVX settings off and see if it can survive 10 mins.
The crashing might not have anything to do with the 3080 Ti.

Solution