Commendable
Feb 16, 2020
I have following spec:
Motherboard: MSIB450 Tomahawk MAX
CPU: R5 3600
Ram: xpg 16gb
PSU: Corsair RMX1000
GPU: Inno3d 2060 Super
I switch to 3080ti. At first it worked and booted into windows. Now when i starting playing a game, within 5 mins, I got black screen and felt like it got restarted. After that I kept getting error "No Signal" and the motherboard stucked red light at vga. Gpu lights works.
Things that I tried:
  1. Resetting the gpu.
  2. Using different cable.
  3. Using hdmi and dp cables
  4. Older gpu still works.
  5. Clearing driver from ddu.
  6. Bios is updated to latest.
  7. Gpu is connect to two separate power cable. No pigtail cable used.
  8. Tried GPU on another system. There is worked, but not on mine. On mine, 2060 Super is working fine
  9. Tried on different slots.
  10. Cleared the CMOS. Removed the cmos battery and unplugged the PSU power cable from wall.
  11. Setting PCIE to gen3 instead of auto.
anyone got any idea what would be the caused ? The motherboard Red light is stuck at VGA.

Shadab_faiz

Commendable
Feb 16, 2020
I know you said BIOS is updated to the latest version, so, what version is currently installed?
VMJowq1.png

Did you clear CMOS by removing the CMOS battery before or after you updated the BIOS? And was the new graphics card installed at that time when the system first restarted after clearing the BIOS or was the the other card installed at that time?

I think I'd again try it like this. Shut down. Unplug the power cable from the PSU and flip the PSU switch off.

Remove the CMOS battery (On some boards you might have to take the graphics card out to get to it) for five minutes. During that five minutes press the power button on the case continuously for 30 seconds to deplete any residual power remaining. Reinstall the CMOS batter and graphics card.

Plug the PSU back in and flip the switch back on. Power on and see if the card is recognized.

Shadab_faiz

Commendable
Feb 16, 2020
Did you clear CMOS by removing the CMOS battery before or after you updated the BIOS? And was the new graphics card installed at that time when the system first restarted after clearing the BIOS or was the the other card installed at that time?

I think I'd again try it like this. Shut down. Unplug the power cable from the PSU and flip the PSU switch off.

Remove the CMOS battery (On some boards you might have to take the graphics card out to get to it) for five minutes. During that five minutes press the power button on the case continuously for 30 seconds to deplete any residual power remaining. Reinstall the CMOS batter and graphics card.

Plug the PSU back in and flip the switch back on. Power on and see if the card is recognized.
Dont remember excatly the sequence of the steps, but will try it

That compatibility list was created long before there were any 30 series cards and has just never been updated. Same problem we see with the memory QVL lists sometimes.

You can always contact MSI if you have doubts, but I think it's an unnecessary step as there are plenty of people running that board with newer cards than what are listed on the compatibility list. In fact, I just installed an RTX 3060 on that exact board model not ten days ago.

Shadab_faiz

Commendable
Feb 16, 2020
That compatibility list was created long before there were any 30 series cards and has just never been updated. Same problem we see with the memory QVL lists sometimes.

You can always contact MSI if you have doubts, but I think it's an unnecessary step as there are plenty of people running that board with newer cards than what are listed on the compatibility list. In fact, I just installed an RTX 3060 on that exact board model not ten days ago.
so I decided to hook up both (2060S in upper pcie slot and 3080Ti in 2nd pcie slot). Both device are being show in "Device Manager", burt still it gives me No signal when I connect montir to 3080ti
View: https://imgur.com/a/e46u98u

So, try this. Since it seems you did NOT do so before when I recommended it.

Shut the system down and flip the switch on the back of the PSU to the "0" position.

Remove all the graphics cards COMPLETELY from the motherboard. Remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard. Disconnect the drive your OS is installed on from either power or it's SATA data cable.

Press the power button on the case for about ten seconds then release it. Wait about three to five minutes then put the CMOS battery back into the motherboard.

Do not connect a display cable to anything and do not reinstall the graphics card in the motherboard. Do NOT reconnect your C: drive at this time.

Flip the switch back to the "I" position on the back of the PSU and power on the system. Give a couple of minutes, then press the power button on your case until it shuts down.

Flip the switch off again on the back of the PSU. Remove the cmos battery again and press the power button again for ten seconds.

Now, reconnect your drive. Put the CMOS battery back in the motherboard. Install the RTX 3080 ti and don't forget to connect ALL of the required power cables to it. Connect your display cable to the 3080 ti ONLY. Do NOT connect a cable to the motherboard video output.

Flip the switch back on on the back of the PSU. Power up the system and see if the graphics card is recognized now.

Shadab_faiz

Commendable
Feb 16, 2020
So, try this. Since it seems you did NOT do so before when I recommended it.

Shut the system down and flip the switch on the back of the PSU to the "0" position.

Remove all the graphics cards COMPLETELY from the motherboard. Remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard. Disconnect the drive your OS is installed on from either power or it's SATA data cable.

Press the power button on the case for about ten seconds then release it. Wait about three to five minutes then put the CMOS battery back into the motherboard.

Do not connect a display cable to anything and do not reinstall the graphics card in the motherboard. Do NOT reconnect your C: drive at this time.

Flip the switch back to the "I" position on the back of the PSU and power on the system. Give a couple of minutes, then press the power button on your case until it shuts down.

Flip the switch off again on the back of the PSU. Remove the cmos battery again and press the power button again for ten seconds.

Now, reconnect your drive. Put the CMOS battery back in the motherboard. Install the RTX 3080 ti and don't forget to connect ALL of the required power cables to it. Connect your display cable to the 3080 ti ONLY. Do NOT connect a cable to the motherboard video output.

Flip the switch back on on the back of the PSU. Power up the system and see if the graphics card is recognized now.
Already tried it. Didnt work

You tried it using THOSE EXACT STEPS that I just posted? Not just removing the CMOS battery. Not just unplugging it from the wall. The exact steps in the exact order that I listed? You tried that, already, just now, after I posted the process?

Well then, I guess I can't be of any help to you. Maybe somebody else will be.

Shadab_faiz

Commendable
Feb 16, 2020
You tried it using THOSE EXACT STEPS that I just posted? Not just removing the CMOS battery. Not just unplugging it from the wall. The exact steps in the exact order that I listed? You tried that, already, just now, after I posted the process?

Well then, I guess I can't be of any help to you. Maybe somebody else will be.
I tried those exact steps earlier, before installing both GPUs.

Shadab_faiz

Commendable
Feb 16, 2020
So something wierd happend today. I order a brand new DP cable just to check. My 3080ti posted. Stress Tersting it for 15 mins using FurMark. Then while closing the application, my system crashed. After 3080ti is acting like previously. Stoped posting.