MOBO - Asus TUF Gaming x570-Pro
RAM - 32Gb 3600MHz
CPU Cooler - Noctua NH-D15
Case - Corsair 5000D

Fan layout is:
  • 3 front intake
  • 3 top exhaust
  • 1 back exhaust

As for temps, I’m a little worried since I’m idling around 60C and reaching around 80C under heavy load (90C on hotspot). Especially concerned since I’ve seen other examples of the same exact GPU idling around 42C and sometimes less. I’m not exactly sure what’s normal or not but I’m just asking out of pure curiosity.

Now for power draw. For some reason my card is pulling 110W at idle and also is at 1800MHz idle. I don’t have it OC’ed nor do I have Nvidia Control Panel set to prefer maximum performance. So maybe this is the cause for my temperatures?

Lastly I had a question concerning GPU usage. I was running “Escape From Tarkov” with MSI’s OSD in the background and the max usage I was getting was around 75% Max and as high as 80% TDP. Also my core GPU temp was around 73-74C. I’ve been comparing it to others with the same set up and I’ve been seeing better performance on their videos/reviews with higher GPU usage and better FPS. Is there a reason my GPU is not getting to its set 100% usage?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
Hey there,

Well, it looks like this might be normal for this card, check this : EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Review - Temperatures & Fan Noise | TechPowerUp

Seems it runs hot to start with unfortunately.

In terms of those temps though, they are within operating parameters. As for the intermittent usage levels, it is a strong card so in some games it won't break a sweat. For more demanding games, it should be slightly more usage. Try different power plans in windows, and see if that makes a difference. Also, make sure you GPU drivers, and all driver are up to date.

You might also try a bios update in case there are any bugs with current one.

edit: is there an option to change bios settings on the card. It seems from...
Hey there,

Well, it looks like this might be normal for this card, check this : EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Review - Temperatures & Fan Noise | TechPowerUp

Seems it runs hot to start with unfortunately.

In terms of those temps though, they are within operating parameters. As for the intermittent usage levels, it is a strong card so in some games it won't break a sweat. For more demanding games, it should be slightly more usage. Try different power plans in windows, and see if that makes a difference. Also, make sure you GPU drivers, and all driver are up to date.

You might also try a bios update in case there are any bugs with current one.

edit: is there an option to change bios settings on the card. It seems from the link above, there maybe two options. The OC has a more aggressive fan curve by the looks of it, and will yield lower temps.

Last edited:
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.