Question 3090 I911900KF System keeps freezing, cycles black screen until I hard reset.

May 21, 2023
Hey guys,

Below are my Specs; in a nutshell this is what's happening:

On everyday light loads PC never crashes. However when I start gaming on higher demanding games (BeamNG drive 4K ultra, Rainbowsix siege ultra 4k, GTA V etc), my computer Freezes (Nothing moves or works, sound is completely gone) after gaming for about 10-20 minutes.

The PC fans still are spinning, but nothing happens until like 10 or so seconds screen goes black and PC shuts down, then restarts but nothing appears on the screen. Then it shuts it self down and cycles for a while until I get bored and hold the power button down.

I initially though 2 things, over heat or a lose cable. So I checked all my cables, and unmounted/remounted graphics card. That did not fix it.

I then had one of my two displays show the temps of the GPU and CPU while I gamed on the first screen and these are the temps at crash:

GPU MAX Temp 86 Degrees C

CPU Hottest Core (5) was 80 C

I thought these temps are normal for the hardware, but please correct me if I'm wrong. What's weird is that if my A/C in my room is working sometimes it wont crash....but my temps are fine when pc freezes?

SPECS:

INTEL CORE PROCESSOR I9-11900KF 8/16 3.50GHZ 16MB (Water cooled, CYBERPOWERPC DEEPCOOL CASTLE 360EX ARGB AIO LIQUID CP)

1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO PCIE 4.0 NVME M.2 SSD

GSKILL 32GB DDR4-3200 TRIDENT Z RGB MEMORY

3 fans in the front, 2 on top and 1 in the back

ASROCK Z590 STEEL LEGEND WIFI 6E ATX ARGB 2.5GBE LAN

CORSAIR RM1000X 80PLUS GOLD 1000W FULLY MODULAR ULTRA

EVGA GEFORCE RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 24GB GDDR6X

Any help is appreciated!

May 21, 2023
Thank you to both of you:

The case is "DEEPCOOL MATREXX 55 RGB MID TOWER W/TEMPERED GLASS"

If it is heat related, any tips on how I can address this? Maybe my CPU cooler is not strong enough, or the case needs more fans/bigger size case?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Cases like that are notorious for having poor airflow due to that glass front with small vents mainly designed just to look cool with the fans behind. It would appear that most ventilation in that case is going to be from a bottom mounted fan(?), the back, and top. Those ones up front are basically just eye candy.

The above idea about the side panel should rather quickly resolve if heat is indeed the issue here.