[SOLVED] 3090ti palit gamerock version worth getting?

Aug 8, 2022
I was going to go for an MSI 3080ti gaming x trio which is currently going here for about $950. But I found today this palit 3090ti gamerock version (not the OC one), which is $1150 so quite lower than MSRP which I really don't mind paying since I got a nice rebate on the other components at over $200 so would be basically a free upgrade.

My question is if anyone has any experience with this particular card and if it would be a good buy? I googled a lot and saw palit is actually one of the biggest nvidia partners and one of the biggest in the video market though they are not as known in the west as evga, asus, gigabyte, msi. Also some palit models were not as great in the past but this is 3090ti we are talking about and reviews apparently say it's solid. But as always I know reviews can be biased or cof bought.

I am in Argentina so it is not like we have a microcenter with lots of models and brands. Cards are sparse and imports are not fluent, so while I really appreciate suggestion, I really would need to stick to this 2 options please.

Thank you a lot.

Cheers.

Solution
D
Thank you. So I should take the palit then? I was a bit worried at first because I did not know the brand very well but after googling I did find they are quite a reputable vendor, just maybe not as marketed around here.

Sorry, I marked the previous message as best answer but actually the reply to this one would make more sense to mark as the best answer and will do so if you answer. If not I will mark back your previous message but hopefully you have another minute to answer the question on this one as well.

And many thanks again for your time. It's appreciated.

I see no issues with the palit it should serve you well for years to come.
D

Deleted member 362816

i9 12900k
1440p 144hz monitor

3080ti can push most games upwards of 240fps at 1440P I would say price wise it's overall the best "gaming" gpu on the market. That being said if you do not plan to upgrade for 3+ years I would go with the 3090ti if it is affordable for you. I am not super familiar with Palit but the card has overall good reviews.

Aug 8, 2022
3080ti can push most games upwards of 240fps at 1440P I would say price wise it's overall the best "gaming" gpu on the market. That being said if you do not plan to upgrade for 3+ years I would go with the 3090ti if it is affordable for you. I am not super familiar with Palit but the card has overall good reviews.

I know that some new models of cards, memories and CPUs are coming but with the situation here, we might be even longer until they come and at a reasonable price.

I would prefer to be able to keep playing on max setting for at least a whole gen of GPUs, which would be about what you estimate, waiting for upgrade maybe for 5000 series refresh or so.

I would not have chosen this card if it was not this close in price because $200 is not chump change but it is worth the extra effort and apart from heavy gaming I am setting a home recording studio and also can make use of the extra ram for some rendering jobs that we already do so it. Plus at some point the extra memory will help with heavy textures in games as well.

I could also get an EVGA FTW3 for 170 over the palit but that would mean almost 400 over the 3080ti and also the vendor is not reputable so I simply discarded that option.

D

Deleted member 362816

I know that some new models of cards, memories and CPUs are coming but with the situation here, we might be even longer until they come and at a reasonable price.

I would prefer to be able to keep playing on max setting for at least a whole gen of GPUs, which would be about what you estimate, waiting for upgrade maybe for 5000 series refresh or so.

I would not have chosen this card if it was not this close in price because $200 is not chump change but it is worth the extra effort and apart from heavy gaming I am setting a home recording studio and also can make use of the extra ram for some rendering jobs that we already do so it. Plus at some point the extra memory will help with heavy textures in games as well.

I could also get an EVGA FTW3 for 170 over the palit but that would mean almost 400 over the 3080ti and also the vendor is not reputable so I simply discarded that option.

3090TI will last you 2+ years at 1440p 144fps+. Who really knows when the 5xxx will come out. Why wait gaming awaits you. Hell even the 5-6 year old 1080ti still does well at 1440p.

Aug 8, 2022
3090TI will last you 2+ years at 1440p 144fps+. Who really knows when the 5xxx will come out. Why wait gaming awaits you. Hell even the 5-6 year old 1080ti still does well at 1440p.
Thank you. So I should take the palit then? I was a bit worried at first because I did not know the brand very well but after googling I did find they are quite a reputable vendor, just maybe not as marketed around here.

Sorry, I marked the previous message as best answer but actually the reply to this one would make more sense to mark as the best answer and will do so if you answer. If not I will mark back your previous message but hopefully you have another minute to answer the question on this one as well.

D

Deleted member 362816

Solution
Aug 8, 2022

Thank you. I saw benchmarks and test for the most demanding games such as cyberpunk or AC or RDR2 which 144FPS is not achieved when you add RT and some AMD cards even perform as good, but I take these games more like outliers than case studies. Most games according to what I researched should get a high frame.

I might even get a good deal on a 165mhz monitor so the extra ummph is also nice to have. It is nvidia a gigabyte G32qc which I read is not gsync, but just gsync compatible which I read it means no dedicated nvidia chip on it. But it is really at a great price.

Or is it a must to have a gsync one for this?