Question 34" Odyssey OLED G8LS34BG850SUXEN

Oct 7, 2024
Hi guys i have my first oled monitor since yesterday (samsung oddysey g8 34')

So I have a few questions:

-how to take care of the screen display? what wallpaper? do i need to hide icons? taskbar etc?

-when to use the pixel refresh option? only when i see artifacts on the screen?

-can DSR (dynamic screen resolution) speed up pixel burn-in? I like to boost the image resolution to get better quality?

- and is it true that hdr should only be turned on while gaming?

how to take care of the screen display? what wallpaper? do i need to hide icons? taskbar etc?
you could use any wallpaper you want, just as you would normally through the OS.

why would you need to hide icons or the Taskbar?
if you don't use them, go ahead and hide them.

if you are just afraid of some sort of burn-in on the screen;
pixel refresh options should include a built-in screensaver that keeps the onscreen pixels cycling to keep this from happening.
I like to boost the image resolution to get better quality?
3440x1440 should be high enough for great image quality.
if the images you're viewing are just too low resolution to look good, find better quality images.

DSR will still be filling the same amount of pixels, just artificially expanding those from the content to make images look clearer.
it wouldn't increase any type of burn-in.
is it true that hdr should only be turned on while gaming?
the OS can use higher color/contrast to fit HDR settings, but it won't make much of a noticeable difference visually.

i just leave Windows on default settings when viewing through my OLED HDR TV and select HDR settings in-game when playing.
just like playing HDR video content, my screen will automatically switch to an HDR profile.

TRENDING THREADS