[SOLVED] 34 Pin Floppy Drive to SATA?

McJones9631

Prominent
Apr 22, 2021
In short, I'm building a gaming PC in an old beige case, and I would like to hook up the floppy drive to the board to be functional. I have an Asus B550-F Gaming motherboard. Is there an adapter from the 34 pin floppy disk drive to SATA?

Solution
Something like this ought to work.

I can't personally vouch for one as I've never had a real need to hook up any of my old floppy drives hanging around to a modern PC. I got the data off all my old floppy disks back in the late 90s.

DSzymborski

Titan

I can't personally vouch for one as I've never had a real need to hook up any of my old floppy drives hanging around to a modern PC. I got the data off all my old floppy disks back in the late 90s.

Solution

Those are just power adaptors.
Best way is to buy an external usb floppy drive and dismantle it and install it inside, if the adaptor is not integrated you can pull it off and use it on the floppy drive you already have.

Alternatively you can buy the stand alone boards.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=floppy+to+usb

A floppy drive is completely useless today though, even back in the day people were changing them to zip drives or super floppy.

I believe some older devices have custom built floppy drives with propietary interfaces, not so easy replaceable with USB substitutes. By the way thanks about mentioning the gotek apter.
It's also programmable, normally it was only for synth keyboards to add samples but there is software out there for IBM/PC, amiga/AtariST and anything that has any sort of appeal to people.

TRENDING THREADS