Question 3600 mhz ram stuck at 2133 mhz + half my ram hardware reserved

Jan 27, 2023
hi all! ive done as much research as i possibly can and this is basically my last resort. ill start off with my hardware:
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
  • GPU: Radeon RX 580
  • Motherboard: B450M Mortar Max (MS-7B89)
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2X8GB 3600 MHz
no matter what i do in bios, my memory speed is locked at 2133. i have tried manually setting the speed as well as both A-XMP profiles. my bios is up to date with the latest version. here are pictures of my current settings:

View: https://imgur.com/a/PIYzJFa

as you can see, despite my a-xmp and my manual settings, my ddr speed still reads 2133. this picture is also taken after several saves&restarts, so that isnt the problem.

when my pc loads, my task manager reaffirms the memory speed:

View: https://imgur.com/a/FxbaMOk

you can also see my second problem in this screenshot: i am limited to 8 gb of ram. the other half is apparently hardware dedicated. i have no idea how to fix this problem either. thanks in advance!

hi all! ive done as much research as i possibly can and this is basically my last resort. ill start off with my hardware:
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
  • GPU: Radeon RX 580
  • Motherboard: B450M Mortar Max (MS-7B89)
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2X8GB 3600 MHz
no matter what i do in bios, my memory speed is locked at 2133. i have tried manually setting the speed as well as both A-XMP profiles. my bios is up to date with the latest version. here are pictures of my current settings:

View: https://imgur.com/a/PIYzJFa

as you can see, despite my a-xmp and my manual settings, my ddr speed still reads 2133. this picture is also taken after several saves&restarts, so that isnt the problem.

when my pc loads, my task manager reaffirms the memory speed:

View: https://imgur.com/a/FxbaMOk

you can also see my second problem in this screenshot: i am limited to 8 gb of ram. the other half is apparently hardware dedicated. i have no idea how to fix this problem either. thanks in advance!
Use memtest86 and test each stick in slot A2.

Jan 27, 2023
"RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2X8GB 3600 MHz " - Matched set/kit for dual channel use?

This motherboard?

https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/E7B89v1.1.pdf

Verify that I found the correct user manual.

From physically numbered Page 28:

"Always insert memory modules in the DIMMA2 slot first."

Check the other Important notes as well.
checked and yep, both in the correct slots (a2 and b2)
Use memtest86 and test each stick in slot A2.
will do this tomorrow and update after

rhan101277

Distinguished
May 21, 2011
Are you running a 64 bit OS? If you have a 32 bit system, memory storage is limited. As for the 8gb memory held up in hardware, does your CPU comes with onboard graphics and if so did you disable it?

Jan 27, 2023
Are you running a 64 bit OS? If you have a 32 bit system, memory storage is limited. As for the 8gb memory held up in hardware, does your CPU comes with onboard graphics and if so did you disable it?
64 bit, so there definitely shouldn't be half my ram reserved. and regarding CPU on board graphics ryzen 5 2600 as far as I'm concerned has no onboard graphics

Jan 27, 2023
it's been too hot in Australia these past few days so I've been putting off doing memtest because I don't want my computer on for an extended period of time.

instead I decided to do a quick test on my computer using only one of either ram stick in the A2 slot. windows loads just fine for both ram sticks on their own, correctly displays 8gb of ram in memory but still has incorrect ram speeds and more interestingly only has 74.4 MB of ram dedicated to hardware for both sticks on their own

I have doubts my ram is faulty but I'm still going to run memtest, just when it isn't so bloody hot

Jan 27, 2023
UPDATE I fixed one of the problems!!! turns out in my bios my manual timings for my ram were wrong. I corrected them and suddenly all 16 gb are being recognised and only 70mb are hardware dedicated!!!

still cannot seem to fix the 2133 mhz problem

Apr 1, 2023
UPDATE I fixed one of the problems!!! turns out in my bios my manual timings for my ram were wrong. I corrected them and suddenly all 16 gb are being recognised and only 70mb are hardware dedicated!!!

still cannot seem to fix the 2133 mhz problem

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 3.6 Ghz 6 core
MoBo: A520 AOURUS ELITE
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2060 6gb x2fan
RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz

¡Hola!, ¿Puedes mostrar como configuraste tu manual de tiempos para tú ram?, es que, lamentablemente tengo tú mismo problema, pero no puedo solucionarlo de ninguna manera, además de que no encuentro nada de lo que dices que solucionó tú problema, entonces no sé si me quisieras mostrar como lo solucionaste para poder hacerlo.

Hello! Can you show how you configured your timing manual for your ram? Unfortunately, I have the same problem, but I can't solve it in any way, besides I can't find anything that you say solved your problem, So I don't know if you wanted to show me how you solved it to be able to do it.