[SOLVED] .

Solution
Hello everyone,

I recently bought a Seagate Barracuda 2Tb internal HDD (ST2000DM008) to replace my old Seagate Barracuda 2Tb (ST2000DM001). But, whenever I started the PC, the BIOS didn't detect it (and, obviously, Windows neither), although the HDD made some startup noises and the BIOS splash screen got stuck for a while (I guess it was trying to read the new HDD somehow). The HDD also made a noise whenever I shut down the PC. The SeaTools Windows application didn't detect the HDD either.

This was strange, because my old Seagate Barracuda still worked in the same SATA 3 port. I also tried another SATA 3 port, just in case, but it didn't work. No BIOS settings made me think the new HDD was being blocked or something. My...
Hello everyone,

I recently bought a Seagate Barracuda 2Tb internal HDD (ST2000DM008) to replace my old Seagate Barracuda 2Tb (ST2000DM001). But, whenever I started the PC, the BIOS didn't detect it (and, obviously, Windows neither), although the HDD made some startup noises and the BIOS splash screen got stuck for a while (I guess it was trying to read the new HDD somehow). The HDD also made a noise whenever I shut down the PC. The SeaTools Windows application didn't detect the HDD either.

This was strange, because my old Seagate Barracuda still worked in the same SATA 3 port. I also tried another SATA 3 port, just in case, but it didn't work. No BIOS settings made me think the new HDD was being blocked or something. My motherboard is an Asrock H87 Pro4.

Because of that, I thought the HDD was dead, and I bought a new one, but I still have the same problems.

What can I do?
Your bios may not like the 4k sector size on the new hdd.
Go to the mb site and get the latest bios.

Solution