[SOLVED] 3700x &Thermal Paste

Mar 31, 2020
Hi all, done my 1st build today with a 3700x after a long process of picking out the parts.

Build took me hours, but I finally got it done and happy.

One question I have is that I checked all my temps when I done my first boot up and I thought it was idling pretty high (it wasnt) it turns out after research.

However inbetween this I took off my aio pump to check if my past was distributed evenly enough and it was. Do I need to apply new paste or can I just put this back on? I literally only done it a few hours ago.

I do read if you take it off its time for new past regardless.

Thanks everyone!

Solution
if you place it back exactly in same position then it will be almost the same as back then, such is hard though as it's mostly rng, when i was low on paste i actually didn't replaced it once when done that and it was fine, but nowadays i have plenty of it so i always replace, basically it's up to you

FullTank

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2015
if you place it back exactly in same position then it will be almost the same as back then, such is hard though as it's mostly rng, when i was low on paste i actually didn't replaced it once when done that and it was fine, but nowadays i have plenty of it so i always replace, basically it's up to you

Solution