[SOLVED] 3900x PBO and Auto OC Ryzen Master

kingy10kingy

Distinguished
May 25, 2012
Hi Guys,

I downloaded ryzen master and clicked on "auto oc" then clicked apply and test . Before booting I went into the bios and turned on Precision Boost Overdrive .

The computer then boots and ryzen master runs a test ..it now says 4750 max boost per core. Surely this is impossible with a 3900x?? Have I cocked up somewhere?

https://ibb.co/h2d3ZJr

Solution
I have been playing with my 3700x for a few weeks and the highest I have ever seen it actually get is 4.415 for like brief seconds. These chips are crazy temp dependent and will actually throttle themselves at temps you would think would be fine. These chips can run fine on minimum voltage but they actually want more. When i run mine at 1.385 volts it runs fine but will never ramp up past 4.3 but with the voltage left at the motherboard auto setting it will get in to the 4.4 range quite easy ( for brief moments)as long as the temp is under 50 degrees. (this is of course only on one core). So get your cooling down and give it some voltage and on one core you will probably hit the rated speed for a second. But also you never know silicon...

kingy10kingy

Distinguished
May 25, 2012
I have never seen higher than 4.4 max why suddenly do you think it says it can boost to 4.7ghz ?

PBO and Auto OC cannot be that good surely? Isn't the voltage insanely high?

This is my first ryzen cpu ever so please excuse my noobness.

that 4750mhz is not real world. Rather that number means it is the "max boost clock theoretically possible". Similar to how Nvidia GPU boosting works.

Put a load on that, and see what the actual clocks are.

Have you researched how to use Ryzen Master? I recommend you do some googling and youtubing on how AutoOC works and how to run it correctly.

I have been playing with my 3700x for a few weeks and the highest I have ever seen it actually get is 4.415 for like brief seconds. These chips are crazy temp dependent and will actually throttle themselves at temps you would think would be fine. These chips can run fine on minimum voltage but they actually want more. When i run mine at 1.385 volts it runs fine but will never ramp up past 4.3 but with the voltage left at the motherboard auto setting it will get in to the 4.4 range quite easy ( for brief moments)as long as the temp is under 50 degrees. (this is of course only on one core). So get your cooling down and give it some voltage and on one core you will probably hit the rated speed for a second. But also you never know silicon lottery and all.

Solution