3D Realms Says Goodbye, DNF Screens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those images/screenshots/artwork/CGI look nice... To bad they couldn't make it for the actual release, looked promising.

GL 3D Realms Team! Hope you guys can finish this proyect someday! At least, I'll be waiting for it to be done when it's done ;D

Were they using an OpenGL based engine btw? o_O

Esop!

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
"Now George is supposedly shopping around Duke Nukem Forever to other companies, possibly Electronic Arts and Microsoft"

Noooooooooooooooooo, aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It would be nice if this game somehow found it's way onto the net, source code and all, and even though it may not quality as Open Source due to take 2 owning some rights, I'm sure some fans will finish the game anyway.

misnad

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2009
Perhaps they should release this game's code, etc. to the eager fans / developers to complete the product... now that would be a real treat... but then again, we have no idea how much of DNF has been built, so it might not work too well if that happens as well...

Farewell 3D Realms... I've really enjoyed Duke3D in my childhood... thank you for that..

cryogenic

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
I'm sad :'( ... bring back Duke Nukem, greatest alien but kicking super dude ever:

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum"

magicandy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
[citation][nom]Cryogenic[/nom]I'm sad ... bring back Duke Nukem, greatest alien but kicking super dude ever:"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum"[/citation]

If you're going to use one of his most memorable quotes.....please......

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum.....and I'm all out of gum."

smalltime0

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
[citation][nom]Regulas[/nom]"Now George is supposedly shopping around Duke Nukem Forever to other companies, possibly Electronic Arts and Microsoft"Noooooooooooooooooo, aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh[/citation]
lol Duke Nukem Forever... a windows 7 exclusive.

theangrygimp

Distinguished
May 10, 2009
Its sad. It seems like Miller could see that the project was going nowhere, and George just won't give it up, even if it would be best for the Duke Nukem name to just sell the rights to a competent developer with all the code/assets they have so far. 30 million seems like a good offer for a game that's going nowhere under the management who's been in charge all this time. You would think that they were working on some kind of epic MMO given the time that its taken, but its just supposed to be a funny FPS with tons of "Guy humor" So sad, I loved the original Duke Nukem experience, then they started churning out crap over and over with the same engine, and played out jokes (remember the craptacular ninja rip off of Duke Nukem that 3drealms made?)

mtyermom

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
[citation][nom]theangrygimp[/nom](remember the craptacular ninja rip off of Duke Nukem that 3drealms made?)[/citation]

Aw, I liked Shadow Warrior (not as much as ol' Duke, but it was fun nonetheless)

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
If they had just actually made and released the damn game years ago they probably wouldn't be closing today. Even if the game was mediocre at best.

3D realms has to be the dumbest developers ever if they think they can pour money into a game they will never release and somehow make profits. Its like making a lemonade stand and then refusing to pour the damn lemonade and give it to the customers.

This is worse than 3DFX constantly spending $50,000 on picnics (yes you read that right) and didn't even stop when they knew they were in trouble.

G

they should bring the development of the game under an opensource development, and when it's getting to it's beta versions, they should bring it into public domain...

G

I really hope George announces some effort to save the game. I waited for Duke since Duke nukem 3D. How George drove the company into the ground is outrageous, but post some info Monday or something! for all the fans.

This was definitely a sad week for me:

A Fan

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I probably wouldn't buy it anyway, but I'd have expected it to actually get released. Perhaps it's better this way though. Chances are with all the hype that the game will be horrible in contrast (like the second and third halo game)

This is sad to say but this just may be a good thing in some ways for us dukem fans - someone else releasing Duke Nukem Forever - someone like EA would prolly release it really quick (followed by propper work in the form of 1432455 patches, eatch several hundred MB each till they get it right).

What i dont want is someone like EA to F****K up the "originality" of the game and loose its charm and appeal.

[citation][nom]magicandy[/nom]If you're going to use one of his most memorable quotes.....please......"It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum.....and I'm all out of gum."[/citation]

I thought it was (at the end) more "dam, all out of gum"

[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]i hope take 2 jsut bellies upa dn stomaches their f-ing greed, it's disgusting he ask them to rund money for a game THEY ARE ALREDY goign tog et huge publisher moeny cutrs from , and then they try to buy teh ip right ... how typical of greeedy buisness america these days , i hope take two f-ing dies adn rots the wsame way 3d realms did (or ina worse way. as for EA or MS getting it ... i'd pray to god it this si true that EA will do teh getting , sure they are a ass of a company , but with a new ceo atleast they are ditching Securom now , plus is MS get's it you can bet your sweet mommy's bottom that it wil be a 360 exclusive FIRST and may never see a pc release,this is why i'd prefer to see EA take it up. on a major note Take two only hodls publishign rights for Duke nuk'em Forever , last i checked this doesn't include other Duke titles so essintially they coudl change the name on it and quite legally ahve it published by soem one else ![/citation]

LOL call is "nuke dukem 4d" or something

EA would ruin everything like they usually do, i freaked out when they nearly succeeded in buying Rockstar Games!

ravenware

Distinguished
May 17, 2005
[citation][nom]neiroatopelcc[/nom]I probably wouldn't buy it anyway, but I'd have expected it to actually get released. Perhaps it's better this way though. Chances are with all the hype that the game will be horrible in contrast (like the second and third halo game)[/citation]
"Blow it out your ass"

morpheas768

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]i hope take 2 jsut bellies upa dn stomaches their f-ing greed, it's disgusting he ask them to rund money for a game THEY ARE ALREDY goign tog et huge publisher moeny cutrs from , and then they try to buy teh ip right ... how typical of greeedy buisness america these days , i hope take two f-ing dies adn rots the wsame way 3d realms did (or ina worse way. as for EA or MS getting it ... i'd pray to god it this si true that EA will do teh getting , sure they are a ass of a company , but with a new ceo atleast they are ditching Securom now , plus is MS get's it you can bet your sweet mommy's bottom that it wil be a 360 exclusive FIRST and may never see a pc release,this is why i'd prefer to see EA take it up. on a major note Take two only hodls publishign rights for Duke nuk'em Forever , last i checked this doesn't include other Duke titles so essintially they coudl change the name on it and quite legally ahve it published by soem one else ![/citation]

demonhorde665, you should be banned just for terrible typing errors, (that is supposedly English) I can't even understand some things you've written.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]morpheas768[/nom]demonhorde665, you should be banned just for terrible typing errors, (that is supposedly English) I can't even understand some things you've written.[/citation]
Don't worry about that. Once you've guessed what he means, you'll realize you'd rather not have understood it in the first place.
But everybody's got a right to post here, so he ain't getting banned. We can just hope he leaves on his own will.

Status
Not open for further replies.