3D Scanner DIY

bailojustin

Distinguished
Hello members of Toms. I was hoping someone could help me out a little bit with this problem that I am trying to fix. So I need a 3d Scanner, I can't afford to purchase one for 1.5k.

I have multiple printers, and in order to print the parts I really need I have to be able to make 3d scans of existing parts, I need a way to make a customized 3d scanner out of a Camera, some lasers and whatever else I might need.

Does anyone have steps for creating a 3d scanner that would work for my intended needs, I don't need it to be exact, just as long as the resolution is within +/- 3mm.

I have enough knowledge of electricity and computer components to build one from scratch, I would just prefer to see if anyone had an easier solution or a proven software program and setup for 3d scanning.

If no one has any suggestions that is fine, thanks for the help and advice.

bailojustin

Distinguished
I was looking for something along the lines of 100-300 AT MOST, if it could be done cheaper using arduino then That would be fine. I just need something for small components, very easy to use, Configuration can't take 5 days like a printer.

Edit: The BQ ciclops looks like the one I may end up getting, If I can find any DIY guides that are decent and thoroughly detailed that would be even better. I am hands on, and If I can tinker a DIY to make sure there's no room for failure that would be preferred.

Edit 2: If possible, the best one for my situation would be one that I can create or use with my own camera as I have a 24MP that I would really like to incorporate.