Question 3dMark 2000 points decrease - i9 13900k underperforming after a month

Jul 13, 2024
Ran a benchmark on 3dmark before and after doing a clean reinstall of windows and noticed a consistent 2000 point decrease in CPU score, and a lower average performance (This was between 5/31/24 - 7/13/24).

I ran a few benchmarks today and got this result consistently around 30,900. I also ran several benchmarks for the previous results and they were consistently around 32,900

Is this possibly due to the 13th and 14th gen defects and degradation?

This is a brand new system, been using for around a month. Running on XMP 1 and pretty basic out of the box bios settings. updated drivers, chipset, etc. No weird temperatures or hot spots that I could see.

All benchmark info is in the image below. I included some sensor data from during the most recent benchmark on the bottom right. (This was during a Cinebench run)

System Info

ASUS PRIME Z790-P WIFI
G.Skill Trident Z5 DDR5-6400 / PC5-51200 DDR5 SDRAM UDIMM 64gb (2x32gb sticks)
Intel Core i9-13900K
Asus TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 OG OC 24gb
2 nvme drives (OS nvme), 2 sata ssd
Arctic Liquid Freezer III 360

IuLiZB0.jpeg

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Is this possibly due to the 13th and 14th gen defects and degradation?
I see you're on BIOS version 1656;
https://www.asus.com/motherboards-c...fi/helpdesk_bios?model2Name=PRIME-Z790-P-WIFI
"1. The update introduces the Intel Baseline Profile option, allowing users to revert to Intel factory default settings for basic functionality, lower power limits, and improving stability in certain games.
If you flashed the BIOS to the version prior you might get that 2000 points back, I'm assuming but there's a reason that BIOS update was released to protect your processor.