40 Titles Revealed in First Wave of Xbox Games for Windows 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
WOW! Gears of War 2 and 3! Halo 3 and Halo 4 for Windows!! Yippie!!

Oh... my bad. Just the usual $1~5 games... no AAA titles for Windows.

So again, why bother with Windows8 or any MS OS device?

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]mcd023[/nom]People are still making AAA titles, silly[/citation] Really? Show me the HUGE list of AAA titles that are PC exclusive? Or that are NOT console ports with console quality graphics?

Halo 3, Halo 4, gears of War... and others... nope, not seeing them.

What few we may get, are DRMed to death that *I DON'T BUY THEM* Such as Cryisis, Mirrors Edge, BioShock series... games I am willing to buy.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
only exciting game I see on there is hydro thunder, but thats from my childhood arcade memories. not much to get excited about here. hopefully win8 is easy to port for and devs could have an easier time porting. and hopefully microsoft brings in GoW2 and 3 and halo. im not going to be an early adopter of the os, Ill only have it if I have no other choice as far as I can tell. I hope they improve the os in many ways to get me interested. and I hope we get some of the xbox games that Ive always wanted to play.

ram1009

Distinguished
Xbox is Microsoft's "goose that laid the golden egg". They won't do anything to hurt game sales. They don't even want to set precedent by porting Halo 3 which would sell a ton on the PC.

pharoahhalfdead

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
At least my Kinect won't go to waste. My next trick is to set up as small as partition as possible for Win 8, that's if they get wider support for games.

I know these are non-graphical intensive, cotton candy games, but this article reminds me of past comments like, "XBox games can't be emulated on the PC bcuz PC's aren't powerful enough." I wonder if these are emulated or actual ports? If they're emulated, then what's to stop more games from "unofficially" being able to play on Win 8?

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
[citation][nom]_scientist[/nom]Dang, I really had my hopes up for Leisure Suit Larry.[/citation]
Sierra is dead. Get over it.
No Babylon 5 Into the Fire
No A-10 2
No Leisure Suit Larry 24
No Quest For Glory 15

No more quality Sierra Entertainment games. None. Sad.

Sensi23

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012

To the ignoramuses, intellectually dishonest people lying and spreading FUD about a lack of AAA PC games, here is a short list just for this fall:

Far Cry 3
Hitman: Absolution
Assassin's Creed III
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Medal of Honor Warfighter
etc

So yep, no AAA PC title at all, if one has to believe idiots and liars.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
Aren't at least some of these already available for Windows? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills reading this list. Is this supposed to be exciting?

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
[citation][nom]Sensi23[/nom]To the ignoramuses, intellectually dishonest people lying and spreading FUD about a lack of AAA PC games, here is a short list just for this fall:Far Cry 3Hitman: AbsolutionAssassin's Creed IIINeed for Speed Most Wanted Medal of Honor WarfighteretcSo yep, no AAA PC title at all, if one has to believe idiots and liars.[/citation]
Someone failed reading comprehension.

Sensi23

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012
I'll stick with win7 for now...will wait for win 9 and HOPE they add a start button.....
Some people do seems to have a conditioned obsession about that useless start menu, I guess that they can't grasp a few keyboard shortcuts like 'windows key + d' to show the desktop or pressing the windows key and start typing the app you want to run: too hard for them. Windows 8 is demonstratively faster than windows 7, and that is all I care. SO yeah just stick with win7 if not XP, just stop whining.

Sensi23

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012

Oh yeah?

"no AAA titles for Windows. So again, why bother with Windows8 or any MS OS device?" - belardo

I may have dreamed that FUD, hmm? Or it is maybe you who have cognitive troubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.