[SOLVED] 400 Bad Request This server does not support the operation requested by your client

zillah

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
Dear All

I have seen many thread like the one I am posting now but I couldn't find a cure ,,,,may be I overlooked or it is hiding somewhere on net I didn't find it
I am trying to set Netgear Nighthawk D8500 with Firmware Version V1.0.3.50_1.0.1 as an Access Point and I was looking to change the LAN IPs then this message popped up

Code:
400 Bad Request This server does not support the operation requested by your client

How can I overcome this issue ?

Thx

Solution
I don't see anything obvious from the trace. It looks like the "edit icon" gif is failing. There is nothing that you can do. That is a bug in the firmware. Maybe you can use a firmware recovery mode to load different firmware.

kanewolf

Titan
Dear All

I have seen many thread like the one I am posting now but I couldn't find a cure ,,,,may be I overlooked or it is hiding somewhere on net I didn't find it
I am trying to set Netgear Nighthawk D8500 with Firmware Version V1.0.3.50_1.0.1 as an Access Point and I was looking to change the LAN IPs then this message popped up

Code:
400 Bad Request This server does not support the operation requested by your client

How can I overcome this issue ?

Thx
Start with a factory reset. Then set the LAN IP address. You may have to set the DHCP info first. Then try to toggle to AP mode.
I have had Asus routers that were very picky on the order things were done.

kanewolf

Titan
I don't see anything obvious from the trace. It looks like the "edit icon" gif is failing. There is nothing that you can do. That is a bug in the firmware. Maybe you can use a firmware recovery mode to load different firmware.

Solution

zillah

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
don't see anything obvious from the trace. It looks like the "edit icon" gif is failing. There is nothing that you can do. That is a bug in the firmware. Maybe you can use a firmware recovery mode to load different firmware.
Noted
I will try to change the firmware and see how it goes