Question 4090 Xtreme Waterforce 24G (rev. 1.1) ?

pro2legendary

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2015
My friend's in the market for a 4090 and we found a 4090 for 1866$ on amazon and are wondering wither it's a good deal or not. the card is this one:

GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 4090 XTREME WATERFORCE 24GB Graphics Card - 24GB GDDR6X, WATERFORCE cooler​

question is, regardless of the price tag how does this GPU compare in the 4090 series world? is it a top notch well made gpu? we've never had any prior experience with a watercooled GPU so any input would be nice, if you don't reccomend this GPU please list why and possible replacement options

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I would say most 4090 are comparable. This one with water cooling should be able to run slightly higher clock speeds. But Nvidia limits the power and voltage you can supply to the GPU, so unless you are into hardcore overclocking, no real performance difference between the various cards.

There have been issues with 40 series GPUs being a little too heavy and the actual PCB cracking. Being a water cooled card, most of the weight is elsewhere, so this is less of a concern.

Roughly in line with the prices for the cheapest available 4090, so in that regard it is a deal. Normally this would be a higher priced unit.

Verify the seller is Amazon directly, or Gigabyte themselves. I would not purchase a 4090 from a third party seller at this time as scams are quite common.