42% of UK Men Put Internet and Sex Before Food and Shelter

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuhknick

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013
Summary:
TP-LINK, a company relies on selling network equipment and service said some ppl put internet before food and shelter.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
Lack of internet can drive one nutz for a while until one gets back to normal routines of doing other things that is not web based.

fixxxer113

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
If memory serves, TP-LINK is a Chinese company, not a UK one.
Also, the actual question from the survey is not mentioned, so it's not clear on what basis is Internet Access more important than food and shelter.
Finally, why is it strange that it's more important than sex?? Internet access is vital nowadays for work and for staying informed and in touch with the world. Of course it's more important than sex (maybe not psychologically, but practicaly :p)!! It's like saying that your job is more important than a haircut...

eiskrystal

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
Fixxxer... Sex came first apparently.

I think we can assume that this is bull. Starve em for a week then ask them if they want a chip butty or internet for an hour.

samal90

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2008
when the post-apocalyptic world hits...people in developed countries will be the first to die off....we have no survival skills whatsoever. I think people had life way to care free for the past years. People take food and shelter for granted...but its not the case..you could lose it all in a heartbeat...then we'll talk.

soldier44

Honorable
May 30, 2013
Put that 42% in the elements for a week without food water or shelter and see how they change their minds. Sounds like a bunch of fat lazy introverts that have never been in the woods other than to take a leak after whining about no bathroom close by.

mapesdhs

Distinguished
eiskrystal and fixxxer113 make valid points. Unless one has had to contend
with serious hunger and lack of shelter, I hardly think a survey can expect
to receive sensible responses from such a question, whatever it was.

Ian.

gilgamex

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2010
You can't compare something you need vs something you want. The idea is that people live their lives in many ways to automatically accomodate they basic need for food and shelter. So you will always value it because you need to, but like alidan in the comments said, I want to live a quality life not just live life, so the survey itself is a bit flawed because food and shelter are a backbone obvious NEED. Does that make sense?

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
lol that's just goes to show you how stupid people are why would you put internet over food. I mean if you are going to survive to continue to use the internet you need food!

Jacek Ringwelski

Honorable
May 24, 2013
I agree with most of the other commenters, stupid survey. You can't accurate pit a necessity over a luxury and expect people to pick the necessity, especially when they don't usually have to think about it because they ensure it due to instinct. It's like asking would you rather breath or use the internet?

headscratcher

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
Meh, I am looking forward to ED. Sex has seldom been any real benefit to my life and I am tired of being slave to it. If sex is off the table, the utility of the internet goes down by half at least.

headscratcher

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
Meh, I am looking forward to ED. Sex has seldom been any real benefit to my life and I am tired of being slave to it. If sex is off the table, the utility of the internet goes down by half at least.

headscratcher

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009

dgingeri

Distinguished
The point here is that all men know that finding food and shelter is far easier and cheaper in western society that they don't have to worry about it. While they are still top priority, this ease of use allows for less stress on the matters. It's just 42% of men are too stupid to differentiate between less stress and less importance. Quite frankly, I'm surprised this percentage isn't higher, considering the number idiots I deal with on a daily basis.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I recently had both of my home PCs die on me and didn't replace them for over a month. It was actually pretty liberating to go without a computer and I was much more productive (if a little bored occasionally). It really made me realize how terrible TV is.

Of course I don't use social media so it was probably easier for me than it would be for most people.

JPNpower

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013

Remember, this is the UK, not California. Most of the people are intellectual gentlemen. The rest are... named Clarkson, May, or Hammond.

Status
Not open for further replies.