4gb of ram causes wireless code 10

alright so i've done this build from spare parts 100%,

MB: M2N69-LA (pretty sure it ran windows 7 originally)
CPU: Phenom II X4 820
Ram: DDR2 ( i have two 2gb, one 1gb)
wireless adapter: Netgear WG311V3 (PCI)
GPU: GT 640

The issue I've stumbled upon is that the wireless card fails to start (code 10) whenever i have more than 2gb of ram installed (it worked once with 3gb). I've tried switching around the ram and the same results occur. I honestly have no idea what else to attempt.

Solution
1| Your post give off the essence that you ran two mismatched sticks of ram prior i.e with 1x2GB+1x1GB. It's bad practice to run mismatched ram sticks be it from the same maker or from the same range but it's always advised to run in a pair if you must run in dual channel mode.

2| Can you please specify the make and model of all your ram modules?

3| A search of the motherboard reveals this:
c01925538.jpg

If that board was salvaged from a prebuilt HP unit, how are you managing BIOS updates? You're going to have to back track a long way by sourcing BIOS updates from your former prebuilt machine and apply them here.

4| You should first see if the issue is found while on Windows 7...

Lutfij

Titan
1| Your post give off the essence that you ran two mismatched sticks of ram prior i.e with 1x2GB+1x1GB. It's bad practice to run mismatched ram sticks be it from the same maker or from the same range but it's always advised to run in a pair if you must run in dual channel mode.

2| Can you please specify the make and model of all your ram modules?

3| A search of the motherboard reveals this:
c01925538.jpg

If that board was salvaged from a prebuilt HP unit, how are you managing BIOS updates? You're going to have to back track a long way by sourcing BIOS updates from your former prebuilt machine and apply them here.

4| You should first see if the issue is found while on Windows 7 as you've just compounded your head scratching while migrating to Windows 10 on that aged hardware.

5| Have you used drivers found off their support site? Again see if the issue is found to be while on Windows 7.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS