4K at 60Hz in different room

compboy101

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014
I am interested in purchasing a 4K monitor for my computer. My issue though is this, I am currently running 1080p over cat5 as my monitor is in a different room. I understand that in order to run 4K at 60Hz a displayport cable is required but I was unable to find a displayport to cat5 converter. I am also assuming that cat5 is not able to transmit 4K at 60Hz but I do not know that (would I need cat6, cat7, etc.). Any suggestions as to how this could be done would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
(sorry if I posted this in the wrong thread)

You are going to have to find the device that can do this it is pretty new technology. This is not really network in term normally used here. It may use the same cable but it the content passing over it is very different. Some 4k monitors can run with 2 hdmi cable so you might make it work with 2 of these units. Of course you would need a video card designed to drive it on dual HDMI. I am still new to this and have seen unit that need 2 cables and some that need only 1. I suspect there is advantage to the ones that use 2 cables.

This may be best posted to one of the home theater forums.